And just to keep this thread on track, it's what I use to go to the doctors on

Rog

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whatever you say, you are likely to upset someone.   So just ignore them all and say what you think.

I have noticed with age I don’t care whether other people like my opinions or not. I don’t care about your colour, race or sexual gender, don’t understand the pronoun thing but am quite happy to call

A phone call this afternoon from the manager of the pharmacy at the local surgery apologising for what happened on Monday re: assistant attitude, I explained about not having my reading glasses with m

I've had him on 'Ignore' since I first started. I never read me own posts, I've got them on Ignore too, (only cos I don't know how to switch it off).

Who said that?

Take the saddle off ! It'll cure yer piles. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Time to pick up the repeat prescription again and lo and behold I get the same treatment again "we don't fill out the repeat prescription you have to do it" " I can't read it because I don't have my reading glasses" " well I'll read them out to you and you tell me what you want" bearing in mind me and Mrs P are nearly out of tablets, " well It's a repeat so we will want every thing," " but we ask you to tick the repeat boxes yourself" by this time I am losing the will to live, in the end she told me she would do it  for me THIS TIME ONLY and make sure I bring my glasses with me next time,

Self service tills at the supermarkets, self service money from the ATM because the banks are closing down, self diagnosis at the doctors before you see a doctor if the receptionist thinks you need to see a doctor and now write out your own repeat prescriptions, does any one do any work any more

Rog

Rant over

• Like 2

You have a rant Rog............looking back at the things you just mentioned....is definatetly not 'Rose-Tinted''......is it............

must admit - I cannot fault Castle healthcare. Using the online services takes three clicks to get to my prescription list, empty boxes next to the ones needing replacing. Submit, and as soon as the doctor approves them, they get e-mailed to the chemist round the corner. Usually ready to pick up in two days. The record was ordering at 7:30 one Monday morning, and picking up a couple of hours later!

PS-without my glasses I couldn't even find the boxes, let alone tick them. My far better half reckons I've never ticked the right boxes, ever.

• Like 1

I'm seriously thinking about sommat like that Jill/Phil, getting fed up the the arrogant attitude from some of the pharmacy staff here especially since I received a phone call from the manager apologising and saying staff are now aware and are there to help,, shame really because the staff at the surgery including receptionists, doctors, nurses and most of the pharmacy staff are brilliant, sign of the times I suppose

Rog

Well I've gone with Lloyds pharmacy, easy to set up and register they even gave me a phone call to say everything was alright and was there anything else they could help with, very polite, helpful and friendly as Woody says if they can do it why can't my own surgery's pharmacy, 

Rog

I'm surprised PF, you're normally quite an understanding chap but I rather think you placed her in an impossible situation regardless of her attitude.

Should the lady inadvertently tick the wrong box or misunderstand and you become ill from either the wrong drugs or lack of the correct ones, who gets the blame? who's going to possibly lose their livelihood?  

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Brew said:

I'm surprised PF, you're normally quite an understanding chap but I rather think you placed her in an impossible situation regardless of her attitude.

Should the lady inadvertently tick the wrong box or misunderstand and you become ill from either the wrong drugs or lack of the correct ones, who gets the blame? who's going to possibly lose their livelihood?  

Can't go wrong really Brew, five same items on the prescription every time, five items to be repeated, tick all five boxes simple as that

Rog

Not all that understanding Brew, got no time for arrogance and jobsworths