Thanks folks.

There may be many changes to the old town but what is evident on this website; the friendliness of the majority of people born and bred in Nottingham is still very evident!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have posted these before - but here are some early 20th century postcards of the Market Square:

wasn't there a time in the past that nottingham was known as the queen of the midlands, well the bloody crown has slipped a bit, now on me own have had the chance to go to Nottingham, looked up the ol

And to keep the theme going....a fairly close-up view of the Exchange; demolished to make way for the Council House.

I remember that bar (under another name) being (re?)opened up in the early mid-eighties I think. 'The (??) Bar' as in something like The Mint Bar for example. Was a nice bar.

Am I right in thinking there was a string quartet, or something similar, playing from some sort of balcony?

Today I realised just how much it lives up to its name of Slab Square.

Very difficult to come up with a more boring place

Coincidentally, I had the misfortune to have to do some shopping in Nottingham yesterday. I passed through the square, looking at that precise view and really noticed how drab the square looks nowadays when it's not being utilised for a stage or some other event to break up the blandness.

Hanging baskets...possible danger of falling.

Pigeons ...possible psittacosos infection.

Flowers...possible lung problems for Asthmatics.

Concrete steps...no wheelchair access.

Outside catering unit...no access to hot running water.

Not suitable for the 21st Century.

and thats how it should have stayed including the toilets this city really neads them but we are loosing more and more no wonder its begining to smell of urine every were you go not just in the square were the protesters are.

I did not notice any smell in that part whilst I was talking to them the other week?

Which raises the point, where do they go to the loo?