You couldn't make it up.

"...At least 15,000 bags are stranded at Heathrow airport after a third day of cancellations at the new Terminal 5. The news came after one-fifth of British Airways flights from the troubled terminal were scrapped on Saturday - 67 out of the 330 scheduled. Many passengers said they departed on flights after being told their luggage would not be travelling. A further 37 flights have been cancelled for Sunday..."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7320771.stm

Simply a dress rehersal for the 2012 Olympic farce...

IMO, BAA & BA are a national disgrace.

Unsurprisingly, basic research reveals that BAA is primarily staffed by ex-RAF Wing Commander types, Hooray Henry's and a selection of Tory toss-pots.

Rip-off BA merely confirms its position as the 'World's Worst Airline'

Put London into the mix, and the scenario becomes so predictable...not too far from Wembley either!

Cheers

Robt P.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had a perfectly good trading area before the EEC. Who remembers New Zealand lamb adverts on the telly ? We traded with many nations including the US West Indies & the rest of the non EU wo

And that is what they are all frightened of Mick, seeing one of their ex members going it alone and doing well out of it without subsidies, the house of cards is starting to tumble   Rog

You are not wrong there Fly, there's still plenty of patriotic people in the country it's just that they are surpressed by the so called snowflakes for fear of upsetting anyone and being called racist

Not wishing to disagree with you Rob but (Hopefully) it will be sorted by 2012 ,only just, but it will be sorted.

Now for my real point ,does anyone else think that some one may be covering something far more sinister? I mean does everyone out there think that 'dress rehersals' weren't held? They will have been getting ready for the grand opening since January. I personally think that one or more of the many thousands of 'foreighners' that have been working on the project may have lubricated the system with a large shovel of grit. I.E. worms and trojans in the computer systems that could have been sleeping for a long long time ,plus little side doors into computers that they have been waiting till the big day to exploit

JUST A THOUGHT!!!!!!!

How many years did it take to build a simple stadium??

How many years did the Stadium overrun the predictions?

How many years left before the Olympic games?

Has construction started yet?

Do we have a skills shortage?

Are we building a simple stadium, or a new 'Village' complete with hotels, road infrastructure, housing accommodation, support facilities, shops, etc?

Do we stand a chance of achieving it- on time, on budget ??

No!

...Do we stand a chance of achieving it- on time, on budget ??...No!

Totally agree...

Transport infrastructure has no chance...because disjointed work began well after the starting deadline.

Already has an initial budget increase of almost 30%, with a further upward revision due next month!

Coe slides more into the background, as the overall problems mount...

Several members of the Government 2012 Steering Committee advocate withdrawal now, before potentially the biggest ever national farce - even in the world's No 1 venue for farces - unfolds.

Lunatic Livingstone, already looking for scapegoats, suggests the rest of the UK has been insufficiently supportive...the man is :crazy:

Cheers

Robt P.

"...Rip-off BA merely confirms its position as the 'World's Worst Airline'..."

I'm currently booking my May return flight to Bangkok, online.

All Economy Plus, all non-stop, all from LHR...gawd help us...

EVA Airlines: Boeing 777-300ER...£809

Thai Air: Boeing 747-400...£964

Qantas: Boeing 747-300/Combi...£1,309

BA: Boeing 747-400...£1,363

Not even a contest.

Cheers

Robt P.

Just booked flights with Zoom Airlines for summer.

Gatwick - Fort Lauderdale.

Saved quite a bit.

http://www.flyzoom.com

Passenger Item No. Amount Departure Taxes, Fees & Fuel Surcharges Total for

Zoom Airlines Ltd

Outbound £110.00 +tax £119.16 £229.16

(via Bermuda)

Inbound £110.00 + Tax £59.91 £169.91

Now theirs another subject, Taxes!

• 2 weeks later...
...Several members of the Government 2012 Steering Committee advocate withdrawal now, before potentially the biggest ever national farce - even in the world's No 1 venue for farces - unfolds.

Lunatic Livingstone, already looking for scapegoats, suggests the rest of the UK has been insufficiently supportive...the man is :crazy:

On budget x 10!

"...The London Olympics could leave taxpayers facing a final bill of £20billion – ten times the original budget, the man once charged with staging the Games claimed yesterday. Jack Lemley, the former 2012 chief, accused Mayor of London Ken Livingstone of "suppressing" the true cost to win public backing for the bid.

The former chairman of the Olympic Delivery Authority said it was clear from "very early on" that he was working to a budget of "well over £12billion". But Mr Lemley, who expects that figure to almost double because of problems with the land in Stratford, East London, claimed in an interview that he was banned from revealing the truth. We were never able really to go public with the full budget," he said.

"That was always suppressed and the Mayor didn't want any significant growth in these budgets because then it would create a bigger tax.

"I had advocated telling the public because I felt like the credibility of the process would be eroded... as time went on and it became evident what the [real] costs are."

When London won the Games in 2005, the total cost was estimated at £2.4billion and later revised upwards to £3.3billion. Last year, Olympics Minister Tessa Jowell told the Commons that this had risen to £9.3billion, including a contingency fund of £2.7billion. Mr Lemley, who left the ODA in October 2006, described that figure as "ridiculous" and insisted he was "positive" the final bill would top £20billion.

The Tories last night seized on his claims, although the ODA and Department for Culture, Media and Sport rejected them as "untrue".

Boris Johnson, Conservative candidate for Mayor, said: "Jack Lemley's comments and the revelation the cost has sky-rocketed are hugely worrying. "Where will this extra money come from? How can we be sure the Mayor won't put up the council tax if he is happy to mislead us over the costs? "It is now clear Londoners can have no confidence in Ken Livingstone's promises about the cost of the 2012 Games. We need proper financial controls and transparency..."

Cheers

Robt P.

• 10 years later...

A prime example of a child needing to be taken in to care for their own protection.

Who in their right mind would name their son "Star Cloud" is beyond belief. If they were north American red Indians maybe, but Star Cloud ?

Not in Bulwell thank heavens.

• Like 2

Not much hope for the future of the human race if this sort of Sh*t continues, where is social services in all this? I thought they were all about the welfare and wellbeing of chidren,this bloody country is getting worse, I'm pleased I'm nearly at the end of my life, just feel sorry for my grandchidren

Rog

• Like 2

Sat on Weymouth seafront a few weeks ago enjoying the light at the end of a hot day & next thing was two blokes walking along hand in hand, big strapping masculine blokes nothing feminine either.

Suppose I'm being gender assumptive too !   smile2

• Like 1
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

Not much hope for the future of the human race if this sort of Sh*t continues, where is social services in all this? I thought they were all about the welfare and wellbeing of chidren,this bloody country is getting worse, I'm pleased I'm nearly at the end of my life, just feel sorry for my grandchidren

Rog

Not according to Western Power. You've got at least another 50 years!

• Like 1

I’ve come across that one, serving behind the bar at the Newmarket when I go to the Dungeon monthly meet-ups. She’s not been there for a few months. Must admit I didn’t know quite what to make of it when first seen ......

The problem with sex change people, to my mind, is that they always look like the sex they were born with. Men to women changeovers look like drag queens and women to men resemble diesel dykes. There is almost never a situation wherein a sex-changed person looks 100% "real" and if they do, from all those I have met (only a few BTW!) they are keen to relate their story thus forcing you to acknowledge their "predicament" rather than just carrying on as a normal human being.

• Like 2

Like these bleddy gender-neutral toilets. PC idiots falling over themselves to pander to the 1% whilst blatantly disregarding the views of the silent 99%! Mind you, I read the other day that a school that had just “installed” gender neutral toilets had had to back down in the face of a violent backlash from parents.

Good for them! More common sense needed.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, jonab said:

The problem with sex change people, to my mind, is that they always look like the sex they were born with. Men to women changeovers look like drag queens and women to men resemble diesel dykes.

The gender you are born with can't be changed, full stop. Never mind peoples sick perversions.

• Like 2