Rambo strikes yet again!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7616497.stm

"...William undertook a shortened training course - less than four months compared with the usual four years - and was awarded his wings by his father Prince Charles in April. His first solo flight came just eight days into his RAF training, when he piloted a propeller-driven Grob 115 E light aircraft round the airfield (!) at RAF Cranwell..."

All gone rather quiet on the Harry Hewitt front...is he still on extended leave, partying or AWOL?

Cheers

Robt P.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They're opening the new toilets in House of Fraser   Rog

Why are you all so critical of Harry and Meghan?  There is possibly much we don’t know about the reasons for their leaving the UK.  I personally don’t take much notice of the tittle tattle put out by

According to Shakespeare, tis unwise to bite the royal hand that feeds, lest you end up buried under Social Services' car park in Leicester. 

Not wanting to start an argument Rob , but he is very likely to have been behind the controls of aircraft beforehand

He'll be doing what the rest of the privelaged members of the Royal Family do, learning how to take corgis for a walk, and which lackeys have to be called to pick up their crap, learn how to waste public money, learn how mere mortals have to bow and scrape, admire the treasures owned by the so called gifted but who don't have a clue what they are all about, generally lurk with the glitterai women who have never done a decent days work in their lives, all the usual everyday stuff that we take for granted. Lets not forget that they may have to suffer the indignity of visiting some black community and pretend that these people are their pals and will endeavour to get involved in their work, as long as we make sure we wash our hands afterwards.

I'm just off up into town in a guilded coach to buy some offal for my tea, plus some top steak for the dogs, well, bu99er the recession, it doesn't affect us, we have paintings in the toilet, not that we use such places, that we could sell and prop up the British economy and help those miserable people who can't be bothered to find a job.

Certainly so, Ian...wouldn't doubt that. Also likely that he would have earlier taken control of the aircraft, whilst accompanied in the air. Nevertheless, a clear abuse of what is understood by the term solo flight.

Cheers

Robt P.

Lets do away with them and have Gordon Brown as Head of State!

What's the difference...Overpaid for doing damn all...living on another planet...out of touch with ordinary people...Sounds about the same to me.

What's the difference...Overpaid for doing damn all...living on another planet...out of touch with ordinary people...Sounds about the same to me.

Just wait until we have Charles 111rd.

We will never know which planet he and Queen Camiknickers are on! Roll on the Republic.

Reg Iside.

what would you rather have......muslim terrorists or the royal family? I know where my vote would go.

At least they join the forces.

How dare you, joining the armed forces is a Royal requisite, whether they are any good at it is any one's opinion, don't forget they have advantages that any 'normal' person doesn't have.

Poor old Prince Andy found himself in the thick of things in the Falklands War, great, get your nose bloodied for a change. But what does he do now, he's a lap dog licking up to Middle Eastern Arab dictators, and arrogant with it too.

Your comment about Muslim terrorists was ridiculous and of no significance to the argument.

I have a problem, I love British history and the significance that the the Royal Family have played in events.

Unfortunately, we live in a different era, we are going through a recession and will suffer as a consequence of that, how do you think I feel about Prince Whoever landing in his girlfriends garden in a very expensive Chinook and the RAF, that we pay for, suggesting it was an exercise, crap, or do you want these po faced unattached wierdos that live on another planet get away with it at our expense, just think about the realities of it for a change.

There is no specific time period to fly a light aircraft solo. If you satisfy your teacher that you are ready, then so be it.

My teacher rekkons that it can take anything between 10 and 25 flying/training hours to get to that point.

It's taken me 8 months to get to my solo readiness (17 hours) but this is down to cost in my case.

If that hard working William can get time off work,,,,, it's possible for him to get the training in within the stated times.

What buggers me up is that I have to wait till I can afford my next lesson,,,,,, but am expected to pay for his learning, & his families jollys at the drop of a hat,,,, mind you, they do live in council houses don't they ?

King Baz

Just wait until we have Charles 111rd.

We will never know which planet he and Queen Camiknickers are on! Roll on the Republic.

Reg Iside.

Actually, I quite like him, a Royal Nutter that we all deserve, I reckon he could be a bit of a laugh.

He has the misfortune of being an inbetweenie, a direct descendant of the old school, an obnoxious arrogant rascist father and poor old HRH herself, who tries to keep the traditions alive.

I reckon he could make a good king, and don't rip off Camiknickers either, what chance has she got, following in the footsteps of Miss Glam, the peoples Princess, yeah right, I reckon old Camilla has got a right twisted sense of humour, along with his Nibs, I feel sorry for her, she's never been given a chance. As for the kids, well, they're trying to be cool but don't stand a hope of relating to real people, they wander about in circles that most people don't understand.

Please don't underestimate my comments, I've personally hung out with members of the Royal Family, seriously, you probably don't believe that a working class youth from Wollaton has done this, but I have, and on their level, not as a lackey either. I know what devious gits they can be in order to get their own way at the expense of the plebs, but that's another story that I'm not prepared to make public, well, maybe some of it.

I was fortunate to get to learn to fly in the ATC . 10 hours of two's up and 6 hours solo (All out of RAF Newton) but it took a year to fit it in . I got my PPL and I have never been behind the controls since (Couldn't fit in there now!!!)

Where are you learning from Bazzer . St Mawgan?

Lands End Ian.

There's not a lot of room for error,,,, or you fall in the sea !

Look it up on one of the 'earth' sites - a terrific spot.

Basically, all my flying is over sea shores from Hayle, round the lands end peninsula to Marazion etc.

Thats the plane on the left. Cessna 152.

I was in two minds about getting a cheap (?!) plane,,,,, but it costs more to keep than it's worth - we'll see.

I need one with a bigger cockpit also,,,, you wouldn't get two of me in the Cessa !

Must be fantastic views, I saw the airfield when I was down there in April, as you say one mistake and it's splash splosh

As for buying a plane , Eric, (Limey) has / had one for sale , (Unfortunately it's in Montana, U.S. of A)

IAN: Yep,,, that 25 is downhill too !

What's Limey selling ? I went to see a US Tiger at Perranporth a few months ago,,,,, some great points,,,,, but again, cockpit too small.

I fancy a Socata TB9 (I fancier a later one, but can't afford it). It's one of the biggest C.pits in its class,,,, also a 4 seater,,, and the dash looks a lot more modern than other stuff at the price.

I couldn't afford the 'up-keep/running costs' on my DLA.

a man can dream tho',,,,,,,

Piper Cherokee 140, or more accurately, a PA28-140. 4,000 Hours on the airframe, 35 hours (!) on a major overhaul motor including new cylinders, oil pump, carb and mags. Well equipped and with IFR certified GPS (Garmin). New seat upholstery, decent paint. It is a great airplane and will cruise happily "hands off" at 120mph. It has always received admiring looks at fly-ins despite being 37 years old!

Cockpit is about the same size as a 172 in front - but very little room in the rear. Good for two adults and two kids, or three adults in a pinch (done it several times).

Asking $35,000 with a new annual!

He should take a leaf out of his Aunt Annes book, a horsey figure I know, but so's my missus. I gather that she carries out more important royal appointments and is a patron of more charities than all the rest of the stooges put together, she's what Royalty should be about, no hair pulling when she got divorced from her chinless pre-arranged wimp either. Then we have the Duke of Gloucester, took the time out to do something usefull and become an architect, he travels to his royal appointment by train, not bloody first class either. I think that the former Catherine Worsley, Duchess of Kent, summed it all up when she pulled out of the Royal enclave in order to use her influence to do some good, I bet they hate her for it.

I hear Rambo is to join the RAF.

The surprise decision, announced by Clarence House yesterday, was made by the Prince after he was told he would never be sent to Afghanistan with the Household Cavalry, unlike his brother Prince Harry.

He will begin an 18-month training course in January around the British coastline. When his training is completed he will be attached to the unit for a minimum 30-month period which means he will be at least 31 before he will even consider returning to civilian life.

... Then we have the Duke of Gloucester, took the time out to do something usefull and become an architect, he travels to his royal appointment by train, not bloody first class either...

Certainly so...Richard Gloucester is also genuinely highly regarded by others in his profession.

Often appears in the East Midlands - sometimes even at Bosworth Field!

IIRC, he officially opened both the Nottingham Shopping Centres.

Lived formerly at Barnwell Manor in Northants, the family seat until he decided otherwise/needs must etc.

Apparently he rather enjoys his nickname of Olivier!

Cheers

Robt P.

Firbeck, old son, you are starting to get out of order

Ok, Ok, I hold up my hands and apologise to everyone I may have upset, I get belligerent and carried away sometimes, I shouldn't do it, yes I am a self opinionated get when I feel the need to be, I shall consider my responses accordingly, sorry.

I understand where Rob t is coming from, I sympathise, on other Forums, such matters are not allowed to be discussed, it's not right is it, trouble is, I don't know where we stand on here, and what the results of certain discussions would be, you have to be carefull, unfortunately, I am not.

I like a man who recognises his shortcomings.

Differences of opinions make interesting reading, but it should go no further than that.

I particularly enjoyed reading your recent input to Nottstalgia

And that's what I say

Now, Therefore THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY proclaims THIS UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations, to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms and by progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance, both among the peoples of Member States themselves and among the peoples of territories under their jurisdiction.

Article 18.

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Article 19.

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Article 20.

I like a man who recognises his shortcomings.

Differences of appinions make interesting reading, but it should go no further than that.

I particularly enjoyed reading your recent input to Nottstalgia

And thats what I say

Thanks for that, but please look at your spelling.

Sorry!!!