Interesting pictures, a pity they aren't captioned.

Is picture 2 on the list the old Raleigh/Players Social Club/Centre on Radford Boulevard, whats it used for now, I remember going to a few do's there in times past with my pals parents, one worked at Raleigh and one at Players, I can't remember which company actually ran it.

Where is the tatty boarded up building with the green dome, presumably a certain denominations centre of worship and included for PC reasons, what was it originally used for, hopefully something to do with Pork Farms.

I was surprised to see that the works on the former Newton Building extended down to the old college on Shakespeare Street, what are they doing to this, nothing drastic I hope, it is a beautiful building inside.

Cheers.

Seventh Day Adventist Church on the bottom of St Anns Well Road ?

Nah the 7th day is across the road from that picture..which is the mosque..bottom of Wells road....got to be one of the uglyest buildings ever.......how on earth it got planning permission i dont know... slywink

Your'e quite right Den, It was at the end of Bathley street opposite Boots and it formed the joining of London road and Arkwright street, later part of it was turned into a motorcycle shop/repairers might have been called Blacknells or Blacknalls or sommat

Rog

rob237 said:
the cinema at the Bath Street/St Ann's Well Road Junction, which became a mosque.

What was it's name?

I think the old cinema is now the Gala Bingo hall. The Mosque next door is a recent addition to the skylinewas built fairly recently - past 20/30 years

http://www.gala-bingo.co.uk/find/LocationM...spx?BingoID=280

Well, I stand corrected.........

There were three cinemas in old St Ann's, the Flea Pit at the bottom of

the Robin Hood Chase, the Cavendish, and the Empire on St Ann's Well

Road. There was also the Victoria Ballroom (now Gala bingo hall), which

at one time proved to be a major boxing venue in Nottingham.

Courtesy of http://beehive.thisisnottingham.co.uk/defa...mp;PageID=42366

The mosque at the bottom of St Anne's Well Road has got to be the tattiest building in Nottingham.

All breeze blocks and still not completed twenty five years after construction started. I know religous buildings take time to build ... but honestly it's no advert for the Pakistani building trade.

So why doesn't someone challenge the planners and ask them what is going on. They are too frightened to do anything about it aren't they, rules are obviously manipulated to suit certain people.

We've had a great one in East Anglia. Norfolk District Council decide to close down an old peoples home in Norwich, chuck em' out, knock it down and build 'low cost housing', no doubt at great profit to themselves.

So what happens, they chuck out the old dears, destroying their friendships and relationships, but have the bloody nerve to keep the place going and move in themselves at half the cost the old dears were paying. These council filth responsible have now been suspended, but with full pay, nice christmas present for them isn't it, do nowt and have a nice time, screw up old peoples lives and take the p1$$, evil scumbags, I bet they get away with it. as well.

Is anyone on here part of our wonderful Local Council organisation, wherever it is, good wages and pension, do nowt and get away with it, you should be ashamed of yourselves, but what do you care, it's a just job after all.

• 8 years later...

While filling up with petrol @ Hyson Greens Asda found this dog, no collar took some getting in the car. Anyway if anyone recognizes him or knows where he belongs give us a shout before he rips my settee up & eats my table legs.

DBgTQgCXcAAXW2X.jpg   

• Upvote 3