Ooooh, you can't trust these pesky foreign johnnies can you Ben ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holding the door open for people and being totally ignored....so rude. I always say ' that's alright duck, I hold the door for anyone ' but always get a blank look. ( Sorry if this has ben mentioned b

Like i said Nonna.........love to greet people in their own language........and i got most of the words by asking the teenagers,.........however the other week i was dealing with some Punjabi teenager

Yes,and he still won £3666.......said hes going to 'blow it' on a trip to Vegas.........bet he can't find it..........

Thats quite common Ben the English that worked with my husband used to tell all sorts of things to the Italians and they thought they were being helpful until they found out what it meant. 

My husband couldn't pronounce the words. Shirt, sheet and s**t and it got him into a bit of trouble. But he now speaks English better than me.

• Upvote 1
  • 8 months later...

Adjacent neighbours gardens. One side is getting overgrown, and the other resembles Jackie Pownall's scrap yard.

I sometimes wonder why I bother, but I love my nice garden.

• Like 2

The trouble with the chap next door is, that he starts projects, then goes off at a tangent doing something else. So the garden is constantly full of old pallets, cement mixer, old wardrobe, old fridge freezer, several assorted gas cylinders, an old tree stump, a pallet of used bricks and another of slabs, a dismantled concrete garage, an old garden bench, old lawn mower, old BBQ, old cast iron stove,three concrete line posts. etc, etc. I despair when I look out of the rear bedroom window. The thing is, he's a hoarder, and cannot bear to throw anything away.

Ive got to the stage whereby I lob all sorts of junk over the hedge when he's at work.

• Like 1

Don't know the answer to your problem Fly,there probably isn't one where all parties concerned would be happy but you have your little oasis to be proud of,it's a shame but some people have no pride in what they've got or what they cause

Rog

• Upvote 1

At least his garden is slightly higher than mine, as we live on a hill, so when I'm in the garden, or on my patio, I can't see his garden due to fencing and a privet hedge,  it's not a total eyesore.

• Like 1

I feel your pain Fly.  I've got one like that on one side of me.  Guy on the other side is an old codger like me and keeps his place really nice.  The young guy I have the problem with does little to nothing.  Hardly ever see him.  Works all week and comes out around 4 p.m. Sunday to run the mower over his weedy lawn.  He's a nice enough guy and we are pleasant to each other if we see each other, which is rare.  Funny thing is he's got all these fancy garden tools.  Better than mine, but he never uses 'em.  :Shock:. I hacked one side of a shrub down a week or two ago that overhangs my property.  I told him what I'd done and he promised to come and do his side.  Two weeks later he showed it his nice new hedge trimmer.  I think he considers it done.  :unsure:

• Like 1

The upside I forgot to mention.  We never hear a peep out of 'em.  No loud parties.  Kids seem well behaved.  Hardly ever see them outside either.  Like I said, friendly enough when you do see 'em.  We tend to forget the positives.  ;)

• Like 1

I did ! It was therapeutic and mentally relaxing ! 

• Like 1

Every house I've ever lived in has had a garden, and I've always wanted to get a bigger and better one. Fresh air, wildlife, and getting pleasure from admiring my workmanship. I shan't say it beats being in the pub, but there's a time and a place for everything.

I'm surprised that you live in Wollaton. I'd have  thought you'd much prefer the squalor, deprivation, dampness, outside loo, leaking roof, lack of central heating and double glazing, uncontrollable vermin and the unpleasant local urchins of Radford or Hyson Green.

• Like 3

Ha, ha. I suppose you'd want someone to tend it for you too eh ? 

Enjoyed a lovely peaceful afternoon in perfect (almost) solitude on the patio with the chiminea lit, watching the squirrels.

Brilliant , but getting cold now that the sun has moved over. Back to the luxury of CH. (That's Central Heating to you rr) and the gas fire ! 

I did not mention putting anything in this window box?

Some like cars, some gardening, some like fishing smoking drinking gambling, some like to stay in, some stay out be a boring old word if we all did & liked doing the same things & whose place is it for someone to tell you what you should & should not be doing? 

• Upvote 1

That's exactly what I've been attempting to get over for years radford rat ! You've finally got it ! 

2 hours ago, radfordred said:

Trouble is when you've been working all week what saddo wants to start gardening? 

No problem, buy a condo or rent an apartment.  No gardening to worry about and maybe less driving if it's dahntown.