P.C. gone daft again

Re # 25. So Darwin was spot on !!!!

That's why the word games are so popular. I love our beautiful language. Even if it is a mixture of many diverse foreign tongues.

If they're were no words, you wouldn't know where you were going !!!!! LOL

When I read the title for this thread my first thought was that it is a computer problem! I remember when interfacing was the material you stiffened collars with! The wonderful English language.

A while ago I attended a meeting where it was explained to us that we should ask for coffee with milk or without milk rather than black coffee or white coffee. The same person said that in her area man holes were called person holes! I ask for black coffee, nothing fancy!

• Upvote 3

What planet are these tw4ts on for Gods sake ?

Bilborough Shirley @ #33, if I couldn't have the black coffee would they let me have fair trade coffee? or rough trade coffee? And Margie, who the blinking heck ever saw a PINK sheep? Was the teacher involved Barbara Cartland?

• Upvote 3

My parents had a small collection of gramophone records, which I used to play when I was young. I remember one, with singing duo Bob and Alf Pearson (remember them in Ray's a Laugh). It's title was 'That's Why Darkies Were Born'. Cannot remember the words but bet that they were non-PC.

• Upvote 1

When I was very young, I had some children's gramophone records which included the song about 10 little n----- boys. I never thought anything of it at the time but since googling it, I'm horrified to find out that one chopped himself in half and the last one hanged himself! Can't even remember those words!

And nearly all black dogs had the name N*****.

I worked with a black Cuban guy many years back, when I was night shift elec at Beeston Boiler Co, he was one of the funniest fellers I've ever worked with.

He used to have us all howling with laughter, one night he said "There's a bloody dog on our street, it hates me, every time I walk past it's house it barks and chases me, I wouldn't mind so much, but the bloody things black, and it's name is N*****"

He was so un pc he was unbelieveable.

He once said to me "John, what do you think of black women"? I was embarrassed to say the least. "Come on, what do you think of them"??

"Errrr, errr"

" They are boody ugly aren't they" he came out with.

I doubt todays liberals would like him for being so forthright.

• Upvote 1

Australians and New Zealanders will take exception to that name then....LOL

I think you might be right catfan.

#25 and #27

There are several points to consider, starting with our educational system which is based upon deeply dishonest psychological research results that take no notice of our inherent and genetic abilities. Without those we cannot hope to develop our abilities to learn and evolve into thinking and sentient beings. Even if an elephant, a fish, or other unsuitably evolved creature wanted to do so it could not climb a tree, so Darwin got that right but Einstein pointed out that his work must be seen in context. There is a Chinese proverb, 'Treat a man as if he is nothing and eventually he will believe it'. Its converse is that if you treat something as inferior you will never appreciate it for its own innate qualities.

• Upvote 3

Watched The Dirty Dozen today...... The same word was silenced out, but was there on the previous ten times I've seen it.

SWMBO must be conversant in Chinese proverbs then !!!!!!

Talking about the "N" word....Remember the single by John Lennon and Yoko Ono entitled 'Woman is the Nigger of the World'?

Written by Lennon and Yoko in 1972 and released as a single in the U.S., the song sparked controversy at the time.

Strangely enough, the title was coined by Yoko Ono (following her interview with Nova magazine in 1969 and quoted on the magazine's cover).

The song was intended to describe and portray women's subservience to men and male chauvinism across all cultures in the world.

Even that was not deemed PC - even though the song was drawing attention to a topic that was going to come to the fore years later....