Why?...

Country's run by a load of corrupt useless self centred fiddling tossers...soon to be replaced by another load of corrupt useless self centered fiddling tossers.

What's to celebrate?

send one of these to your freinds, they're free, so even the miserable so and so's amongst you won't have owt to moan about!!!

http://www.stgeorgesholiday.com/cards/index.asp

Perhaps if a few more actually got out and CELEBRATED on St. Georges Day, and insisted on being BRITISH, those folks referred to in the Govt. "might" wake up and do their jobs properly.

In some cases, you get what you deserve - so if you don't like it, DO SOMETHING about it!

That was uncalled for!

Trouble is theres no such thing as British anymore, not as we knew it and things have gone too far to remedy things, not with today's politicians of all parties in it for themselves and "removed from the real world" As a point of interest what is the policy in the USA re non english speakers? do the government depts there go out of their way to ensure immigrants legal or otherwise get information in their own language?

Good question Ashley. The problem in the USA is that we do not have an "official" language at all! In "theory" a document in any language is legal, and citizens have the right to speak any language they wish. The only place this is tangible is in the school system where all students have the right to be educated in their own language. This causes some grief from time-to-time, but is usually eliminated when the child wants to talk to his/her classmates! Mary has had to deal with Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, French, German and Russian - but none lasted more than one term!

The lack of an official language does rear its head sometimes, but Congress seem unwilling to pass a constitutional amendment to declare one. This is probably because a large percentage of the voting population regard Spanish as their language of choice, and the politicians want those votes!

We will have the usual parade through the village with someone dressed as St George complete with his fair maiden,and no doubt the Morris men from Sleaford will be putting on a show outside the pub, followed by the lighting of the beacon on the village green and if last year was owt to go by, A barrel of beer in someones garden where you get your drink and put in the money box what you want, all to the sound of some Elgar being played in the background, I've some pics from last year I will find and post

Rog

!englandflag!

StGeorgesday1.jpg

A past St Georges day complete with George and his woman, Morris dancers, village church and a few dragons left over for George to have a go at

Rog

I think that site I linked to has crashed, I can't retrieve any that have been sent to me, and the picture I posted on here has disappeared too.!!

Ah well it shows it's getting more popular as the years go on , who knows it may have official recognition by 2100!!!

Quite right Ashley, for some out here a visit from the district nurse is the only excitement they get, then again it just might be too much falling down water.

Rog

There was a Saint Georges day parade from the Forest did anyone see it advertised? Lets see how much coverage it gets. !englandflag!

Yes it did get a mention in the local paper, a few photos too. Thank you Nottingham Post. !englandflag!

• 4 weeks later...