This is true Mick,I have to come over to Nottingham to have a go on your tram and I can't even use my bus pass because it wasn't issued in Nottingham

Rog

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back home now after a week in Edinburgh and surrounds,visited lots of sights (tourist stuff) Wallace monument in Sterling,Loch Leven,New Forth road bridge viewing area,old Forth bridge viewing area,Fo

Today I have been scuba diving with only a bag of Walkers crisps there's enough air to last 3 hours.

I don't want the coat hanger when you're done with it either.

Compo #70.   We only go in hotels that have free unlimited wifi  (and breakfast included)  I just keep searching till I find one.  The last one in Nottingham earlier this month was £70/night/room and that included unlimited wifi and full English breakfast for the 2 of us.  I thought that seemed reasonable...  

• Upvote 1

Can't remember whether we got a concession fare ..... but we really did enjoy our tram ride!

• Upvote 1

Rog #74: Garden waste bin collection now costs £30 here in the Highlands.  Fortunately, I have access to lots of country lanes for my rubbish.  Only kidding - I have enough land to compost all of my garden waste and store my rubble, etc. but others are not so fortunate and they have begun fly tipping on an industrial scale.

• Upvote 1

Plantfit, the garden waste collection charge here is £40, thank ged we don't have a tram system to support.

• 2 months later...

Due to a couple of holidays, and family commitments, I've recently done many trips to Hampshire and Dorset, and have been amazed at the higher petrol prices in the area. Even the supermarkets prices are much more than up here. However, the Tesco one at Branksome when travelling from Lymington to Poole was £113.9, but I'm sure it's now £111.9 which is 'reasonable'.

The Motorways too are absolutely extortionate. I passed one on the M40 which was £126.9, but was told of another at £129.9. 

How transport companies survive is beyond me. They should get some sort of discount to alleviate the costs. Foreign trucks come over here, especially with their massive extended dual fuel tanks, and can travel the UK all week without the need to refuel. Ridiculous ! I NEVER use Mway services for anything other than a quick wee, or a desperate meal.

I hope so, as I'd not enjoy queueing behind 20 odd artics as Tesco's ! Glad to hear it. 

My, you do lead a reckless lifestyle don't you RR ?

• Upvote 2

Our sons have a lot of vehicles on the road and the employees  (including me :rolleyes:)  have BP fuel cards. As far as I've been told, they get a good deal when filling up on the motorways and don't actually pay the pump price.  

That's good news then, as I'm sure that transport companies would go under if paying those ridiculous prices. 

#92 I have just paid my window cleaner, I have just given him £20 pound note, he's given me some change which I've chucked in a pot with some other change, I've been paying him for over 20 years & I have not got a scoobie do what he charges :crazy:  

How big is your house if he,s been cleaning the windows for more than twenty years?

Rog

Took delivery of my new fitness machine yesterday courier delivered from Argos. Went to fit the pedals on & one pedal was the wrong one. Took it back to Argos & then Mrs C spotted the same one on Tesco Direct albeit with a different name but identical otherwise, ordered that one online & just collected from store, the main difference is Tesco Direct were £31 CHEAPER than Argos.

The moral of this tale is always check the opposition otherwise they will rob you blind if they can.

To add, just assembled the contraption & I'm out of breath already !

• Upvote 3

Forever the gentleman, letting Mrs C carry your new toy !

• Upvote 1