• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...or even a ranking based on inverted snobbery :rolleyes: : viz...

Newbie: St Ann's...

Member 25: Bulwell...

Adv 100: Arnold...

Super 500: Wollaton...

Mega 1000: The Park...

Cheers

Robt P.

Oi!!! St Anns was one of the better slum areas let me tell you, before they demolished it!

...or even a ranking based on inverted snobbery :rolleyes: : viz...

Newbie: St Ann's...

Member 25: Bulwell...

Adv 100: Arnold...

Super 500: Wollaton...

Mega 1000: The Park...

Cheers

Robt P.

10,000:- Bingham.............................................rotfl.gif

And what about New Basford, lol its not too bad ........... well someones got to live there and what about a chopping block and axe if someone is very naughty !rotfl!

I remember an aunt, a right snob who wanted my dad (her brother) to move out of New Basford late 1950's as she considered it a slum area (she lived on Noel Street backing on to likes of Saville St, Lindsey St and Cornhill St,) In the end her house along with rest up to Berridge Rd and all those streets demolished Lol

I live in New Basford in a Terrace house its a 110yrs old and haunted as well, no garden just a small back yard, the cellar has been filled in so who knows whats down there.

Now having no garden the council in their wisdom have sent me a bin for my garden rubbish lol sounds about right !rotfl!

I live in New Basford in a Terrace house its a 110yrs old and haunted as well, no garden just a small back yard, the cellar has been filled in so who knows whats down there.

Now having no garden the council in their wisdom have sent me a bin for my garden rubbish lol sounds about right !rotfl!

Would love to know about the Haunting !

Well strange things happen in the house from tine to time, there is a name carved on the wall near my front door "Nellie", now, she lived in here in 1933 so i think it may be her coming to visit us we smell cigarette smoke on a regular basis also perfume, things go missing and sometimes there is a cold spot, light bulbs sometimes explode in the dining room we have had the electrics checked and found no faults.

One time i was sitting in the dining room having a meal, hubby was getting ready for work when i felt a breeze go by my arm and the door at the bottom of the stairs moved

so i shouted up to him Nellie's on her way up i hope you have some clothes on never seen him move so quick lol, but joking aside we go out and leave the radio on and sometimes we find on our return its been turned off. two weeks ago our front door crashed open slammed back against the wall and slammed shut again on-one was around on the street at the time, i have done a smudging with white sage which helps, it dosent bother me but my Hubby dosent like it very much my Mum and Gran were sensitive to these things so i think i am too.

I bet you it's this weekend!!!! I'm away at RIAT from Thursday till Sunday!! And yup after all that loverly weather we've just had , it's now starting to rain!!!