This is something I've just finished, the paint is still drying. A bit different to my usual rubbish. Done it muted colours to be in tone with our quiet, centre conservatory. Used metallic colours, bronze, gold, silver, anthracite as well as soft greens and yellows. It is a planter, but I want to block the drainage hole so it will hold plantpots.

20230617-163502.jpg

• Like 8
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is something I've just finished, the paint is still drying. A bit different to my usual rubbish. Done it muted colours to be in tone with our quiet, centre conservatory. Used metallic colours, br

I had piano lessons around age 13-14 and reached a reasonable level, and I could sight read fairly well. I also had some training on organ, including the dreaded foot pedals. My main reason for doing

That time of the year again when most of my hobbies are done in the shed as opposed to outside the shed so now I have made a start on this year batch of articulated wooden dolls/frogs/"Pudsey's", firs

Thanks Rog, very much appreciated . And a million thanks to fellow NS for the 'likes'. Makes it all worthwhile and encouraging. Barrie.

• Like 1

The build so far, new (to me) Rock Shox Judy SL suspension front forks,(four inches of travel) tomorrow I will rub them down with "wet and dry" paper to give a good key ready for a couple of primer coats then another light rub down before giving them a couple of coats of Silver followed by two coats of clear lacquer, then I need to get some period Rock Shox decals to finish them off, starting to look a bit more like a bike now, still a long way to go but heading in the right direction

DSCF2291.jpg

DSCF2297.jpg

Rog

Forgot to mention I fitted a new nine speed cassette on the rear hub so that should be enough to get me up most mountains in Lincolnshire

• Like 2

Why do you need to paint and rub down Rog? They look like new forks to my untrained eyes. B.

The paintwork isn't too bad to be fair but I want a silver frame and forks with all black fittings, the forks haven't really done much work but there is a couple of deep marks in the blue paintwork, they might even have been powder coated in the first place so just a light rubbing to get rid of the deep marks then they should be ready for primer

Rog

I'd still be more than happy to paint a few flowers on that frame though. Or some Japanese flowering cherry. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

@BeekayBarrie. Do you happen to know anything about an auctioneers in Lewes by the name of Wallis and Wallis? They do toy auctions and there is one tomorrow.. Mainly, are they reliable? They will post lots out or so it says on their website.

@The Pianoman, good evening sunshine ! As far as I'm aware, they are reliable and I've not heard any adverse comments about them. I'll see what I can find out in the morning, if that's not too late. Mind you, I'm no auction hunter.

Regards. First two reviews...

Screenshot-20230619-214834-Google.jpg

Thanks. Auction starts at 11.30. Its railway stuff I am interested in. As I have only just found out about this one I may just watch the bidding online and see what happens.

Added first two reviews to my answer above.

Just Google wallis and wallis reviews.

Your servant sir.

9 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

@The Pianoman: sorry if I’m teaching my grandmother to suck eggs, however be aware of hidden costs: auction fees, internet fees, handling & postage and maybe VAT

Thanks. I've done auctions before. Just double the bid price. :ohmy:

Thanks. They seem reliable. Was just going to view the auction live on this occasion but internet connection keeps dropping today. No emails for 2 days. Virgin!

Was messing about with me paints this am., only had my e-reader cover available. So splashed some paint on. 1hr & 35mins.

20230621-164946.jpg

• Like 4

That’s beautiful @Beekay but it looks like my favourite Licquorice Allsort on the top bit?

I think you are very talented …..

My favourite licquorice allsorts are the round pink or yellow ones with licquorice in the centre.  That’s what I can see at the top Of the picture

Right ! Got you now. They're the ones that have the coconut fragments in, (I think). My favourites are the little round ones that are covered in 'hundreds and thousands', probably a sort of hard jelly.

Take care, B.

I don't like liquorice and therefore don't like All-sorts but my father loved them. Every year, on his birthday and at Christmas, I'd buy him a huge box of them. He had them all to himself because no one else wanted any.  His all time favourite sweet, if you can call it that, was dried carob pod.  Apparently, as a child in Beeston, these were sold by the local sweet shop (Mellors), dispensed in a long paper bag.

One year, on a visit to friends in Whitby, I found some of these strange articles in a quaint old shop in Church Street.  I purchased a large bag of them and gave them to dad as a present.  He was absolutely delighted. He didn't have to share those, either. They looked so disgusting that no one else wanted to try them.

So there'll be no point in buying you a box of All sorts or Dolly mixtures then, for Christmas . How about a 'Smokers set' Jill?

Or do you fancy a bag of 'Jelly Babies', my Diabetic care nurse advised me to always keep a bag with me. In case of a 'Hypo', I should eat a family, 1 dad, 1 mum and 2 kids.

• Upvote 2

Ah. Dolly mixtures brings back memories of my very early childhood. Every Thursday, my maternal grandfather went to collect his pension from Hyson Green Post Office and from being in my pushchair (he never pushed my coachbuilt pram) he took me with him.  A few doors along from the Post Office was a bakery. They also sold confectionery. If I'd been a good girl, grandad would buy me some Dolly mixtures in a little conical paper bag. Sometimes, he would buy me an orange instead. All that stopped when I started school at 4 years old. My childhood would have been even better than it was had it not been for rotten school!

• Like 2

Polo mints at Notts County football matches with my Grandad and Dolly mixtures with Grandma and Grandad Saturday night while watching the black and white television i remember watching a show called In Town Tonight.

• Upvote 1

Coor you must be old if you can remember  in Town tonight.

I can remember  To-Morrows World  Showlng the first Microwave, now most of us have /use one .