• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

Looks like the word & song players have woke up bored to death, here have something Nottingham.  Have a good day, try & get yourselves outside today, it's later than you think    

My ma once said to me when I was off swimming down the Trent, with my pals, " Be careful and don't come running back 'ere if ya get drowned".

• Like 1

new stuff called "Eze Dope" now, non toxic substitute to cellulose, water based, don't smell the same though

Rog

• 5 months later...
29 minutes ago, notty ash said:

Here's a rare one came up in my facebook feed

Mackeson Coach

Did they serve milk stout on the Hucknall run?

Surely you mean Makemsons

There is a great slideshow here with some shots of a Marsden store for our Ben

The Omnibus Society | Makemson, Bulwell, Nottingham (zenfolio.com)

There is also some good stuff on the Bulwell photos Facebook site including a red and cream Makemsons single decker in a montage of a number of their coaches.

No photo description available.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, notty ash said:

Here's a rare one came up in my facebook feed

Mackeson Coach

I used to drive one like that for MAKEMSON, when I worked part time for them. I did a colliery run from top of St.Albans road, via Bestwood road to Calverton colliery. I've also worked as a conductor on their Bulwell market to Bestwood village, on Saturdays and Sundays. I'm fairly sure that was a lowdecker with the long bench seats and gangway down the starboard side.( the one in Oz's link).

• Like 1