rob237

Buses in Nottingham

Talking of coke, I once had a morning off school to get a quarter of coke from the yard on Faraday road opposite the the white horse. When standing at the bus stop for the 39, who should pass me on his bike but Mr. Sullivan, our maths and RE teacher ! Could hardly say I was ill when I went back to school. Oops !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Beekay said:

Yes, that was so the trollies could make their way on to the Trent bridge to bulwell market circuit (43). At the other end at half penny bridge would be 40 &47 to St Ann's. 

Yes BK, I can actually remember the wires, they went past the end of our street. It would have been easier than going up Turney St and having to turn and go round the island at the top. Not just the 43 though, 41, 45 and 46.

Just as a sidetrack, last time I was up in Nottingham I did a sort of nostalgic tour of some of the routes I used to do, out of Bilborough depot. Everywhere I drove it was all sodding speed ramps !!! I pity the poor patient in an ambulance, especially one with back trouble. Did Nottingham get all their speed ramps in a job lot from a bizarre boot fare??

• Like 1

Looks like the word & song players have woke up bored to death, here have something Nottingham. 

Have a good day, try & get yourselves outside today, it's later than you think :ph34r: 

D12BDVGX4AEuNQp?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 7

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976

Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses

Photo Credit : Robert Lee

The-Central-Market-July-1976-now-with-Nc

• Like 7

Also became a bus depot. Buses operating the Beeston & St Anns routes were based there. Named NCT Central Market Depot.

Did some there myself.

• Like 1

Welcome back, Catfan.

• Like 4

Just going back to enigmas photo, where did they keep the buses previously? I thought psd had plenty of space !

Parliament Street Depot. Which at the time was getting a bit full. Central Market was only a temporary depot, I think they were planning the tram back then. Trent buses pulled out of Manvers Street which was owned by the council & NCT expanded there

• Like 2

030a.jpg

031-2.jpg

Just to add a bit o' colour.

• Like 3

A nice drive in it's day prior to fitting the Hissing Sid system !

• Like 2

Thanks Deepdene..i thought the steps to the far left led upto The Becket..ian.

( senior moment.)

On 4/30/2019 at 11:21 PM, IAN123. said:

Roger.P might recall the locale..NAL-544-F-02.jpg544 was maroon and cream before this?

Top entrance Bulwell Depot.

23 hours ago, IAN123. said:

66 RTO at Trent Bridge..17144099105-a3d31986cc-c.jpg

Trent Embankment.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2019 at 9:39 PM, IAN123. said:

Gud ta' see ya Youth...46896699804-c97dd75c57-b.jpgwho's this having a fag break on 161?

Look at the state of that bumper. That would never do with NCT.

• Like 1

Certainly is Trent embankment going onto Bunbury street depot,I spent my early years just around the corner on Bathley street

Rog

• Like 3

Mick,  if 66 is on Trent Embankment, I assume that it is running out of Trent Bridge Works back to Bilborough depot. As the blinds are set to 60 Bilborough Estate, this led me to erroneously believe it was Middleton Boulevard, by the Crown Island.

Rog, thanks for the confirmation.

• Like 3

Was the NCT Lost Property Office along 'ere?16523950183-c9fb9a96f0-c.jpg75 RTO..just past Flittermans.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Deepdene Boy said:

Mick,  if 66 is on Trent Embankment, I assume that it is running out of Trent Bridge Works back to Bilborough depot. As the blinds are set to 60 Bilborough Estate, this led me to erroneously believe it was Middleton Boulevard, by the Crown Island.

Rog, thanks for the confirmation.

Actually DB, I'd say the opposite, from that pic it must be coming from Bilborough to Trent Bridge works. Perhaps Clifton Boulevard/Queens Drive way. Another possibility, it's been in the works and having a ' run round the block ' to check something. I seem to remember buses occasionally running round the rec, Wilford Grove/Embankment. I lived right next to the works for years.

• Like 2