rob237

Buses in Nottingham

One or the other.

12 hours ago, philmayfield said:

GRA1N is currently on a 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Used to be (maybe still is) owned by "Grain's" sewing machine company on the blenheim estate

• Like 2

I remember Mr. Grain’s Jag back in the ‘80’s. I parked my own identical model (without a private plate!) behind it when I went to discuss buying shrink wrapping machinery which he made in his factory on High Cross St. at the side of the model shop.

15 hours ago, philmayfield said:

GRA1N is currently on a 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Saw that a few weeks ago in the car park of the Nag’s Head in Woodborough, when we went there for lunch. The old fellow is still going strong, judging by his appetite!

AEC Matador for Plantfit !

5dllVTbs_-ZotQZwzYjEVWtSwqowCehkGaj7tPbo

Low bridge decker.

L-J2mqpM6Yt2xEIa5fxLZRH6qSn5wJdiryc_2O-U

hoffk9Pcy8YmW3B3ilrD1iyxJWaq0p4JfRQB381E

vQmsejRnSMmkYenHitV4YV9rJbKnVGDWeQDsci_p

• Like 4

Oh yes!..that Southern Vectis looks a pearler Mick.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, catfan said:

Low bridge decker.

Remember the MGO buses like this and a well endowed clippie draping her assets over a 17 year old youth on a crowded bus to take the fares from the window seats

• Like 4

Just love Bedford OB's great pictures catfan,thanks

Rog

• Like 1

Some memories there Mike,lovley wood and upholstered seats,domestic type switches,don't remember the guard rail around the gearstick,probably a health and safety addition,none slip rails on the floor,lovely

Rog

• Like 2

Ex South Notts Bedford OB in a sorry state at a vintage vehicel and steam rally a few years ago near Lutterworth,I remember this bus being bought off South Notts bus company and being used for office staff at H J Baldwin and co Bunny Notts

P1060415.jpg

Rog

• Like 3

My little fleet of Bedford OB's

P1070492.jpg

Rog

• Like 4

14 hours ago, plantfit said:

I can remember the one near the top of Farnborough road as mentioned,also the one opposite Fairham school (was that the 60 or 67) and the one on Southchurch drive opposite the library (was that the 61,61A or 67?) think there might have been one on Geen lane somewhere near an electric company building (I think)

Rog

Rog, the one opposite Fairham School, would have been the 61A terminus, shown in the timetables as Glenloch Drive. The 61 was on Southchurch Drive opposite the library, whilst the 67 was on Green Lane, shown in the timetables as Langstrath Road.

• Like 3

Ian, seeing your picture of 267, reminded me of an NCT driver by the name of John Searle, who used to race bangers at Long Eaton Stadium back in the 1970s. His race number was 267. I wonder if any other Nottstalgians remember him.

• Like 2

I wonder Deep...i lived near Bomber in Bulwell..sure he was a member on here one time.

• Like 1

Apologies for varying from the bus theme..the first of the last two pic's is confusing..left of the bus .. surely Market St? the white & brown building layout little individual windows, I have no recollection of..do recall a old fashioned tobacconist.

Second picture, one of only two toilet's, the other being Broad March (Horrendous Smell) that I used on a regular basis! Both had attendants if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

Knob on HSR..Skincraft was on the bottom of Market St.as pictured with those 70's window blinds(?).

Gauntleys..i think was the tobacconist shop..i bought my Gold Leaf there for the week..Brentnalls music shop..upstairs was Gladrags Clothing and Yates's beer off..next to the alley that led to the upstairs of Yates's.

• Like 1

Fould's music shop was here early eighties, did they take over the Brentnall's premises?

• Like 1

Outside my family connection, this is in my top 5 Nottingham pictures!

• Like 2

Foulds didn't have a music shop in Nottingham as late as 80's. Unless you mean 1880's). They had finished in Nottingham long before I went into pianos in 1973. They just had the one shop in Derby by then, as now.

• Like 1