The Engineer

Emett water clock

What do members think of the new look Victoria Centre?

Went down Notts the other day to do some shopping, to my amazement the clock at the front had gone!!! this was hard for me to tack in as if I was to meet anyone in Notts is would always be by the clock.

On going to catch my bus at the other end of the centre there it was now I don't know what you think but to me it's now in the wrong place.

People just walk by and now never stop to look at the clock.

There's a whole thread on the clock and its relocation somewhere on here. On my Tablet so can't paste it in.

The engineer needs to fix the clock again as it is bang out of order it has been acting wrong cause the birds and squirrels weren't dancing and the petals were moving the opposit way to what they should be doing and my solution is taking it back to it's original location and make a new octagonal frame and whilst the frame is being build please move it to a temporary spot in another centre

I heard that intu moved it to reduce the seating and " keepwarmers" from lingering instead of spending..i agree Daniel..should not have been moved.

But the way things are going in England..( not the B word.) shoppers will be dancing to a different tune..starting at 4:am

• Like 1

It has to be fixed however when the engineer comes online again he will need to see this cause he restored the clock

I recall the day it was unveiled..i am sure my Mother allowed me to miss a few lessons.ntgm005275.jpgit was a nippy day..that i do remember.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The innocence then..folks used to stop when the clock chimed and the music began.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm amazed that thing still exists at all. Even in my days there it was held together with Araldite, string and elastic bands. Has it been re-jigged?

• Upvote 1

It is not how it was and I think it is something to do with cafe rizzoli damaging an electrical or mechanic of the clock so it would have to move back.

On 2/9/2019 at 4:51 PM, IAN123. said:

I recall the day it was unveiled..i am sure my Mother allowed me to miss a few lessons.ntgm005275.jpgit was a nippy day..that i do remember.

Pretty sure it was February and half term, I was there and, as previously stated , was 'on the telly' in a crowd scene.

• Like 2

Thanks Beefy..maybe we met!

£20,000 he got paid for the clock..lot of wonga then.

• Like 1

I think Rizzoli cafe destroyed the clock's electronics and now the clocks petals are moving up and down and not normally how they should be so i better get pete dexter back into the centre and fix the clock

Do we know Rizzoli damaged it, how did they, was it deliberate?

Just realised I'm actually in that photo!!
Behind the clock and to the left there are two 'big' girls, then a small boy, then a lady with white hair, well that small boy was me!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1