Fears and phobias?

Any of you 'ardnuts got any? Always an interesting thing to find out about people, some are quite strange or funny!

Mine are;

Clowns, Dying, Maggots/meal worms - Thats my biggest fear anyways, cant even see them on tv without shuddering & in real life... they make me feel like im going to pass out, HORRIBLE little wiggly buggers.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Catfan, I think the dream shows you that you are staying well ahead of any problems in your life (health?) and you''re not going to let them beat you because you are a 'fighter'   Jill, when

Apart from a fear of hights I have no other fears or phobias. Othe night I was having a very vivid nightmare, being chased by a monster & I was shouting quite loudly in my dream & then Mr

As for 'fears & phobias '...... Being old, being infirm, being broke, being alone, being blind, being deaf, being unable to drive. 

I used to have a thing about hights, I was always fine on my own, the problems occured if I was with anybody, then I'd get rotten collywobbles. It cleared up after a bit of freefall parachuting.!!

Vertigo here anything above 6 ft

I fly no prob, love fairground rides its just ladders and stuff that wobbles

I was just talking with Mudgie about falling down a tree at Wollaton park egging after that it made me wary of heights

• 3 weeks later...

Something that sends chills down my spine - the smell of germaline, I hated as a kid, I still hate it now! I dread the day if I ever have to use it... I remember it being in a tin as a kid, I think it's in a tube now but it still doesnt make it any better! Yuck

SPIDERS!!!!! horrible hairy things it goes way back to whem i was a kid , i put my slippers on and rthere was a spider in them and i didnt see it and my feet were bare i totally freaked

Pixie would love our house: I feed the birds on mealworms and have an automaton clown that looks quite terrifying when he twists and turns.

I have a fear of heights. I thought I'd conquer it by climbing all 284 Scottish mountains over 3,000ft. Finished the last one in 1999 - still scared of heights

thumbsdown

there's a word for that compo, (climbing those peaks) McCloud? Mckinsey? or is it Monroe? (after the bloke who first mapped them) my own "cringeworthy" was fire lighters, not the "square waxed brown card filled with waxed straw" but the white like polystrene (but hard) ones, think fear of heights quite a normal thing? unless a red indian, lol

The're the Monroes Ash.

And those firelighters were Naptholine not polystyrene !!

They didn't taste nice either (But that's another story)

The term for doing the round is "Munro Bagging", the term for compleating (sic) the round is "Munroist". I am Munroist No.2040 in the compleators list.

The term 'Munro' comes from the name of the first person to chart all the peaks over 3,00ft with the proviso that there is at least 330ft of re-ascent between tops. Munro himself climbed all but one of those peaks; the one he named "Inaccessible Pinnacle" now abbreviated to the "Inn Pin" by most folk. Not being a good rock climber, I elected to have an experienced guide for this near inaccessible peak.

At 1min 20secs the video zooms into what is know as the "Stone Chute" on Sgurr Alasdair; these days it is frowned upon to run down this several hundred feet of loose scree because of erosion but in my day it was great fun to crash down it at full pelt.
  • 4 years later...
On Sunday, February 05, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Pixie said:

Clowns

You best stay in then Pixie what with all these bleddy killer clowns running around towns & cites frightening folk?

Must be an epidemic there where even 11 running around the pitch last night in Slovakia?