Members 'Nostalgic Age' Photos.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is me aged about 9 or 10 with my grandma.  Mum used to curl my hair in rags each night as my hair was never naturally curly!   It's only photo I have with my grandma... she was quite old whe

Me 1968/9 on me bike outside house I was born 28 Brixton Road Radford Nottingham Arms in the background. 

I put these together for a book 'wot i rote', makes you think when your lifes compressed into 15 photo's!

Posted Images

yeh and some of them whould make your hair curl jackson if i told themlike thomas thing have not always been easy for me but you have to put things behind you and get on with life and enjoy it whenever you can,i get really annoyed with people who blam all the bad things they do on what has happend to them in the past you choose your own path in life and i choose to improve things in my life not make them worse with drugs drink or crime. not that i dont like a drink and to enjoy myself you all know i do but i know when to say no thanks i have had enough or no i dont want to do that

6631581721_f9fa64df32_z-1.jpgAn old Photo from 1977 in Kissimmee Florida visiting a old friend of my Granmar's on my mother's side .The older fellow and is sister's move to Cleveland Ohio in 1920 from Forest Side Bulwell.Family's name is (SHELLDON).My granmar kept in touch with them all them year's.they let my girl's picked there orange tree's.

Crikey RGR, you married young! Did you think your were Jerry Lee Lewis?! :biggrin:

DonnerPassCalifornia155.jpgThis is the Latest Photo of the wife in California"Donner Pass' a little gray after putting up with me all these years.

The High Sierras Michael in Northern California have some spectacular natural sights,my daughter moved here 10 year's ago from Oshawa ,so we have a place to stay.The wife is one great Nottingham Lass.

Snow in California!! I am surprised. Anybody with the least amount of common sense would want to dodge that! thumbsdown

The Donner party got loads of it...they had some interesting barbeques in those mountains.

California has many feet of snow every winter, they have several world famous ski resorts. Elevation reaches well over 8000 ft in parts across the Sierras.

I80 is often closed due to white outs in winter.

We used to get snow every year where I lived in the foothills at 2400ft elevation, California has also the records for the coldest US Temps on the lower 48 states.!!

The snowpack is where California get their water supply from, without it, the state would be a desert state.

I'll dig some photos out of when we lived on Mt Aukum taken during a winter with plenty of snow on the ground.

This was taken from our house in the middle of winter after a snowfall, looking up Mt Aukum, an extinct volcano!! Taken in the late 1990's.

That's my tower with my tri band antenna sat at 54ft up the tower.

Tower.jpg

February 12, 2010 was the date that every one of the 50 states had snow somewhere in their state. Not sure if this has happened before.

Wasn't that the year it snowed on the gulf coast of Louisiana??

I can snow ski within 1.5 hours be waterskiing on the lake 20 min or sunbathing on the beach 45 min (TODAY)

http://images.ibsys.com/sac/images/weather/auto/tahoecam_640x480.jpgDont know why it dosnt go directly to the link but it is a live camera

Try it as an img file... Image. Works then.

tahoecam_640x480.jpg