They said if it had gone off it would have killed everyone for 50meters & injured for 100 meters thats one big bomb

Also i saw that they are putting Missiles on top of flats for the Olympics in London

What kind of aircraft do they expect to get to the centre of London, I wonder?

Wouldnt be supprised if they know of something planned to go to all that trouble

Ok let me set your minds to rest

There are Typhoons to be based at RAF Northolt at QRA rediness. There will be SAMs based on highrise buildings, way to the outskirts of London (No point having them in the middle of London cause if you were to shoot anything down in London it would still achieve it's affect !) There was a 600lb bomb doscovered and defused in Northern Ireland.

The effectiveness of our QRA force was displayed two weeks ago when a helecopter transmitted a "Terrorist alert" by accident, and the Typhoons were on him with in 20 minutes of the call going out . (That's from Coningsby in Lincolnshire to the Oxfordshire Gloucester border.)

It all goes to prove:- We are ready and we will beat them !!

Sticking missiles on flats is just an outward show of propaganda.

The real work will be going on behind the scenes and the press and public will know nothing about it. If something serious was discovered, the authorities would just get on with it and do something to sort the problem; it would become public knowledge when it was over and deemed "solved"

Because we are not terrorists,we do not have the same mindset.These people are fanatics,have one aim,to kill,injure,spread panic and fear.

They've been good at doing this for years,we can bust 99 would be 'bombers' but Mr' 100 slips past.

My question for years,who got what when the Soviet Union fell apart? There were thousands of small nuclear devices( tactical, battle-field nukes),how many were sold to kick-start non existent economies.

Just after the Brighton bombing,an IRA spokesman said "We only have to be successful once".

Complacency is an ally to terrorism, we have to be aware when out in public.

Stu i think your full of it

Last timei was in London i couldnt find anyone that could speaka Da Engleeesh

Having first sent them out of London, I thought the missiles and stuff were there to keep the riff-raff out of the games, ensuring that they stay in the Midlands for the duration?!

• 4 years later...

Didn't Barns Wallace design a 22.000lb bomb 70 odd years ago,dropped by the Dambuster squadron and No 9 squadron

Rog

I think the bomb may only have weighed in at 600lbs, but it was the explosives used that make it the biggest bomb ever dropped, we have explosives far more powerful these days than in WW2, all the plastic explosives around today weren't available in WW2, or the bombs they used to blow those dams would have been lighter.

In saying that, wasn't the weight worked out in steel to make sure the bombs "bounced" and not in the explosives??