Seem to remember a couple of winters ago when we had more snow than in a long time, it began early in November with that month and December being the heaviest months of snowfall.

My tip would be for another 'proper' winter again...

Same on my car this morning Kev.

I see a lot of berries on the bushes, a sure sign of a hard winter to come!

Mick...lots of berries appear on bushes because they've had a good season...not because they are by some mysterious magical method able to forsee the future.I thought these old wives tales had died out with the old wives..

FRIENDS TELL ME SNOW LAST NIGHT IN SKEGGY LAST NIGHT HOPE ITS NOT THIS WEEKEND KEV AND MARTINE IN SKEGGY OTHER FRIEND TELL ME SHE WAS WATCHING SNOW FALL LAST NIGHT IN CROMFORD. WE BEEN TO RAF WICKENBY TODAY VERY COLD BUT NO SNOW BRIGHT AND SUNNY NICE LAST RUN THIS YEAR WITH STEVES BIKE MEETS THIS YEAR.

My sister called to tell me it snowed in Whitley Bay! We haven't seen any snow here - yet!

My name is Ray Walker living in Adelaide. My wife is in  Farnsfild tho she was from Basford Road. I speak to her on SKYPE every night and she said we have just had snow!

Hard to believe init?  I left Bailey Street in 1956 to join the RAF for 4 years and came to Australia for ten Quid,[best tenner I've ever spent].

Marg will be back in 2 weeks and no doubt will have heaps to tell me whilst we are sweltering in the 30íes here in Adelaide.

Just joined and this is my first go @ replying to someone Snow.

Hiya!

Was that Basford Road what used to be High Street off Nuthall Road in the fifties?...or is there another?

PS...Got a son in Melbourne...Skype is magic 'aint it?...and all for free.

:) Love a good, fresh air walk; well wrapped up: hat, scarf, gloves, comfy walking shoes on and I'm off........

Love the sharp, cold air on my face. Exhilarating. Skin feels tingling fresh. Can't be beaten.

Sometimes: 'All I need is the air that I breathe.........' :)

I was quite shocked that it had snowed! I guess we'll be getting the backlash of hurricane sandy soon too...crazy weather!

Love the sharp, cold air on my face. Exhilarating. Skin feels tingling fresh. Can't be beaten.

Used to love this feeling when in Canada. Emerge from a stuffy centrally-heated home into a blast of -30 frigidity on the face - not for too long though!

Our north westerlies of a bitterly cold morning hurt my face, too long an exposure would lead to frost bite.

What type of snow would you like Moobug?

Types of snow

Flakes please! And a tiddly blizzard wouldn't go amiss - just forewarn me so I can do a quick shop. Don't snow anyone in - just close the schools ;)