Low energy 18watt Bayonet cap PL Lamp 6500 Hr life span.

supposedly equivelant to

Standard 100w Bayonet cap GLS lamp 1000 Hr life span

Totally agree compo the light quality is totally different plus the price difference in some stores is staggering

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

POLITICIANS PLEASE PAY ATTENTION ! ‘Entitlement’ my eye, I paid good money for my State Pension and other benefits!!!! Just because they borrowed that money, doesn't make my benefits some kind of char

When I was a kid in Nottingham, I used to enjoy the field trips, some were abroad or trips to London etc. These trips took the kids out of their comfort zones and helped them to adapt to different sit

For those who were wondering....    

I'm glad that you have shone a light on that one.

However, I still blame the faceless wonders running the EU. They make the laws. And yes I blame our stupid politicians. They all say they will not comply, even after they have started doing it.

But it all comes down to what I've said before. All politicians of the big three (or two and a half) parties have nothing but utter contempt for the people of this country. Most of them don't know what it's like to exist on the minimum wage.

• Upvote 1

The California low volume 1gallon flush toilet that you now have to flush 3 times + You will also notice that every WC has a plunger if 3 times don't work.

Last week was the last production of Incandescent light bulbs in the USA

"..........and the lights all went out in Massachusits"

I agree with melton. The world is full of professional fraudsters and the loser is always the bloke who has nothing, and because of this he can't afford to challenge things.

The California low volume 1gallon flush toilet that you now have to flush 3 times + You will also notice that every WC has a plunger if 3 times don't work.

Last week was the last production of Incandescent light bulbs in the USA

Problem is that most cisterns are now down at bum level i.e. virtually part of the toilet bowl structure.

Back in time and when things were made to be practical, the cisterns used to be above head height and you would pull a chain.....once.

The resultant flow of water down the six foot of vertical connecting pipe, together with the impetus of gravity resulted in a clean bowl every time - no s*&t!

• Upvote 1

Unless you'd been drinking Guinness then it was all up the sides.

But there is another thing. Why is loo roll so darned expensive? Why has it gone up so much in the last couple of years? Is it because we can no longer bare whoops sorry. bear to use the Daily Mirror? I think whoever sets prices know what we can't do without so they make sure they get in plenty of profit.

And that is another thing...have you noticed how difficult it is to flush the toilet paper these days?

I reckon that they aerate the paper to make it soft and that causes the buoyancy - bloody stuff will not go round the bend!

Any toilet paper experts out there that can comment on this?

That's because you used the wrong side. It had a smooth side and an absorbent side. When I started on the railway I did carriage cleaning and they had Izal in the carriage loos. Nobody ever nicked the loo roll in those days.

Melton:- That's what Apaches call the "John Wayne" of toilet rolls............... "Cause It's rough, tough, and don't take 541t off no Indians"

Bilbraborn :- We did , on the way to the footy. They always ended up on the pitch when Notts Scored. (They won't be losing too many rolls at the moment though)

• Upvote 1

I don't think toilet rolls are that expensive these days . When I ran a discount store it was always said that no one made much money out of toilet rolls. We used to sell a pack of 6 for a pound and probably made 10 pence on a pack .

The wholesaler that supplied us only made pennies on a pack and yet he had to buy 14 pallets of them at a time . The manufacturor had to keep the machines going 24 hours a day otherwise they lost money .

But we all had to deal with loo rolls even though they were a pain in the bum (no pun) to store because of the bulk.

We had to stock them though as they were a customer draw .

The best value at the moment we find are the Nicky brand from Home Bargains , £2 for 9 rolls and fantastic quality ,thats less than a cup of coffee and they last for ages .

Bilbraborn, re #164, how come so many of us never knew?

Could have made such a difference to my childhood (when we could afford to move on from newspaper on a string) but I suppose would have resulted in less opportunity for toilet humour jokes!

Back to Micks comment on putting used loo paper in a bin by the lav , that sounds disgusting and must be a health hazard for whoever has to empty it . Do you use a nappy-type bag each time ?

The stink must be awful especially in a hot country.

Never fancied going to Turkey but I fancy it even less now !

Don't know if they recycle much there but wouldn't fancy a job sorting their rubbish out .

• Upvote 1

The ancient Brits added their poo to their s--t heap along with all the animal poo. They regarded it as a valuable asset. Remember. Poo is biodegradable but they probably didn't have such a word in those days. You can only get out what you put in and it all belongs to the delicate food chain. Allotment holders take heed!

Re the poo in the bind , It's the same in parts of the Greek islands and even parts of Spain and France. It doesn't cause a problem as it's the way they've done it for thousands of years !

We have a septic tank so paper is a perennial problem for us. Our rule is: No1 wipings in the bin by the loo; No.2 down the bog. All the No.1s get composted.