Parking charges in Nottingham

If you use your car to get into the city, Car parking charges can be extortionate.

I have found the cheapest all day parking at the moment Is.

Promala UK Queensbridge Road, opposite Midland Station.

Mon-Fri £2.70 all day.

Sat-Sun £2.00 all day

Anyone know any cheaper, or even free?

To compare parking in Nottingham visit

http://en.parkopedia...ng2/nottingham/

Or you can park on someones private drive in the Meadows for three quid!

"Private driveway, with room for up to 3 vehicles, within easy walking distance of Nottingham City Centre and the train station."

http://www.yourparki...NG2-1HN-7638107

All because this loony labour council believes in robbing tke motorist blind. When will they ever realise their stupidity, just like the tram that no one wants, yet we the council tax payers are expected to foot the bill & put up with years of traffic chaos just to satisfy some ones ego trip.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the tip, but I come into Nottingham via Trent bridge

It wasn't particularly meant for you. The opening post asks 'Anyone know any cheaper, or even free?' (parking places). I just offered one, Melton.

• Upvote 1

I needed to go into the city centre last week for half an hour so i parked on the road and paid one pound for 1 hour. I don't normerly go into the city centre ,but it was great to park near the place i needed,Yes it is expensive to park on the road but once in a blue moon it was great to get a parking spot.

No problem sir.

Here's a bit of a guide to Nottingham's increasingly convoluted on-street parking. If anyone understands it can they explain it to me please!

Charges

http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=19770

Zones

http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=19771

Bid to simplify parking (!)

http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/pressarchive/index.aspx?articleid=18989

It was great when you could park onstreet free, by the railway arches off Cliff Road, and walk straight into Broad Marsh Centre :)

If I remember right there was a wood yard there? Its all fenced off waste land now, just wasted space, so short stay parking could be provided?

I traded on Sneinton Market 3 years ago...like a ghost town.And one of the reasons? Despite loads of space round the market including wide streets with no traffic problems...double yellows and little yellow men everywhere just waiting to pounce.

"Come and shop at Sneinton Market!....but we'll nick your customers even if they only stop 5 minutes!"...No wonder it died a death.

We have on street residents only parking where I live, it was introduced in June.

It was the best thing that could have happened

Until then we were lucky if we could park our car within 100 yards of our house.

Our house is about 5 minuets walk from the railway station & we were used as a "free" :( car park.

We have had cars ?(Chelsea tractors) worth 40k parked outside our house(worth 90k) for over a week.

The station car park was enlarged with other improovements to the station & now the computers have to use that or get a parking ticket or ...........................? WHO CARES? at least the are not in front of my house.

Yes "Loughborough" I know but other people in Nottingham must feel the same???

I know I've mentioned it elsewhere before, and it's not Nottingham , but , I nipped into Manchester a couple of weeks back and it was £6.30 to park for up to 2 hours !!

I usually park at Altrincham and go in on the tram but this time I had to go to another place too that isn't anywhere near the tram route.

I know it's not Nottingham, but I had to go to Epinal today and when I parked my Landy I thought about this fourm.

Epinal is about 1/3 the size of Nottingham, and almost everywhere road side parking, and the only parking meters I could see were in the very center of town,

I parked in a free town center car park "luxury"

But this is an exception in most of the other towns around here, you pay through the nose to park.............

If they did but know it, these idiots on our town councils are killing the high street and forcing people to use out-of-town shopping centres. The parking charges are a joke.

Nobody in their right mind is going to open a shop on the high street now with the level of rent and business rates. They wouldn't get the customers anyway because of the parking!

I live in London now and all around me the side streets are packed with cars during the week because commuters can save £100 a month by not using the station car park.

I don't know anyone who's had a pay rise in 5 years, so how they think they can keep upping the price of things and expecting it to work, I don't know.

Rail fares, gas and electricity, parking charges etc etc........ Happy New Year.

• Upvote 1
  • 10 months later...

I noticed the other day, that there are now parking restrictions on Stockhill Rd from Nuttall Rd up to the Fire Station. This I presume Is to force staff at Basford College to park in the car park thereby having to pay the Workplace Parking Levy. Beforehand some used to park alongside the Recreation Ground where the road is very wide. Trouble is now you have to be a permit holder, or pay by phone. Every day this week when I have passed, there has been no cars present so I presume the Council is making no money.