Sign in to follow this  
Beefsteak

Uh Oh, we're in trouble

Just had this from Notts Countys official website.

PUBLISHED

21:15 10th February 2013

by Notts County Media Team

Notts County have released the following statement...

On Friday evening it was brought to the attention of the Notts County Chairman, Ray Trew, that the Football Club is due to appear in the High Court on Monday 11 February to defend a winding up petition.
This action came without any prior notification to the Chairman and his fellow Directors. After investigation, it was found that this petition was being brought by Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC) for PAYE payable on Wednesday 19th December 2012.
The club can state, unequivocally, that the business is completely up to date with all VAT and PAYE monies and that this action is regarded by the Board as both disruptive and damaging.
Unfortunately, we had no option other than to instruct legal counsel to represent us, but we fully expect this issue to be resolved in our favour once the judge has before him all the facts.
Once this has happened, the Board will be seeking legal advice regarding taking action against HMRC and the officer personally responsible for this and will seek to recover all costs associated with defending the action plus punitive damages for the harm suffered by the Football Club.

I was a bit worried when I started reading your post, Beefsteak. I thought Notts County, the oldest club in the world, was done for. Hopefully, it will all be resolved.

My Dad played for County ........ when the club was only about 80 years old!

I feel like I've been supporting them that long at times !!

• Upvote 1

PUBLISHED

11:32 11th February 2013

by Notts County Media Team

An HMRC winding-up petition against the club has been dismissed in a matter of seconds on Monday morning...

Further to the statement released by the club on Sunday evening, Notts County can confirm that the winding up petition brought against the club by Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs has been dismissed.
The petition was dismissed in a matter of seconds at a hearing in London on Monday morning.
Thank god for that !!

Difficult to believe that HMRC could have got it wrong!! (If only I knew how to acess emoticons I would look fr a cynical sneer)!

Good news that County can get on with things that now matter.

I think Notts should pursue this one. Can't imagine Trew is very happy about it.

Unbelievable Jeff!! ( Gillette Soccer Saturday folks.....) Onwards and upwards..... You 'Pies....

Very much looks like it, it is a long way to safety from where they are but here's hoping.

Sad to say we are doomed. Time and effort should now be spent on putting together a side that can challenge to get Notts out of the National League and back into the Football League at the earliest possible opportunity. Hate to think that this time next year we could be struggling to avoid relegation to National League North, as Chestrfield currently are following relegation last season.

• Like 1

Indeed..i do not know the answer..or offer anything to the table.Like Oz had just mentioned on the song thread...the away games alone in the past...brilliant..lots of Anglo Scottish Cup memories..Chelsea bricking us when we got promoted. Raddi the keeper..jack and his magic sponge..even Alvin the groundsman.

I do hope it gets sorted. When football is going well both sides of the Trent, gives you a good feeling.