A Bit of Nonesense

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone want to see how many made up words we can come up with for example.... Teggies Teeth Jim Jams Pygamas Whirly Bird Helicopter Doodah or Doofah Anything Spondulix or Mazuma Money Im

Too much time on your hands Kev Rog

Pobs..................warm milk & bread

Cough drop...........someone who is comical

A god help me drop......said to be wanted by someone who needs help or feels unwell

Chokablok.............Full up

• 1 month later...

Whirly Bird Helicopter

They weren't whirly birds, they was Chellywopters.

And those squidgy things you find crawling on your cabbage are Patterkillers, which when they grow up become Flutterbies.

Donated by my 12 year old Granddaughter,a Black Country budding Nottstalga fan.

Bees Knees......The Best

Ace.........Fantastic

Naff..........Rubbish

Toodlepip..............Bye Bye

Brassed Off........Fed Up

Okay, what happened there. I deleted a duplicate post by fch, thinking, wrongly it appears, that the duplicate one would go, but not only did it go, it wiped out the picture in the original post! which is now blank. I really am a jink to technology!

• 1 month later...

A little addition from our future Nottstagian,( i looked through to see if they had gone before,sorry if i missed any)

Wonga......Money

Doddle......Easy

Lurgy........ILL

Pinch.......Steal

Strop........Moody

Leg it........Run

Gutted......Upset

Flog..........Sell

Boogie.......Dance

Full of beans.......Energetic

Flitting ........... Moving

Midnight flit..... moving to avoid the rent collector!

:biggrin:'Full of beans'...............energetic @ #65

Y'know there must be something in the above saying Carni:

Yesterday, I caught a bus home from Bulwell that dropped me quite a distance from where I live.

I was walking along, carrying a fair amount of shopping when suddenly I felt 'absolutely done in' (knackered - cream cracker'd).

Funnily enough I had to keep dipping into a packet of cream crackers in the hope they'd give me some energy. I had a sudden thought: "I haven't had my beans for a time!" Haricot, Canelloni, Black Eyed, Borlotti, love 'em all; must get up to Sainsbury's some time................I'll be 'full of beans' then! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Eric, we called it a moonlight flit, and the lurgy, was always 'the dreaded lurgy'. I wonder if it harks back to the plague, I'm sure that was dreaded!

:biggrin:'Full of beans'...............energetic @ #65

Y'know there must be something in the above saying Carni:

Yesterday, I caught a bus home from Bulwell that dropped me quite a distance from where I live.

I was walking along, carrying a fair amount of shopping when suddenly I felt 'absolutely done in' (knackered - cream cracker'd).

Funnily enough I had to keep dipping into a packet of cream crackers in the hope they'd give me some energy. I had a sudden thought: "I haven't had my beans for a time!" Haricot, Canelloni, Black Eyed, Borlotti, love 'em all; must get up to Sainsbury's some time................I'll be 'full of beans' then! :biggrin:

Hope I don't get stuck in a lift with you then..................... pieinface

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An old Nottingham saying which I have not seen mentioned on this site, ( someone will quickly correct me if I'm wrong).

It means, some things are not what they seem.

'IT MIGHT SAY 'PLAYERS' ON THE SIDE OF A BUS BUT IT DOS'NT MEAN ITS GOING THERE'.