What Have they done to our Junk Food

Do they have Taco Bell over there? Others may not agree - but I like their food - and it's cheap!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gym..... No way. I'm not in to self abuse. I do lots of walking, haven't smoked for over 30 years, and even then it was only to be sociable, don't drink much nowadays, maybe a pint bottle, but mostly

I could have posted a very similar comment as you Jill.  My Mum disliked cooking but we were always well fed.  However she made excellent pastry and the best Yorkshire Puddings this side of Doncaster.

I can guarantee 100% Chulla that I would not touch that burger in a million years. I would have to be grovelling with starvation to eat some thing that looks so unhealthy as that. All those fried onio

nope but iv heard how amazing that place is! we should get a branch over here!

don't! my daughter sat in her stroller with half of one and said it was yummy. I did look at her eating it and thought I'm sure theres some sort of stigma attached to this.

There's nothing wrong with a treat once in a while. You go ahead and enjoy it and sod the anti-pleasure brigade, Pixie.

I don't usually care what people think :) it was nice to sit on the bench with her and people watch while we stuffed our faces! :)

There's nothing wrong with a treat once in a while. You go ahead and enjoy it and sod the anti-pleasure brigade, Pixie.

Reminds me of the story (not far back) of the GP in West Bridgford who was in the queue at the local junk food shop ( fish and chips) when there was a fellow customer in the line who had a cardiac arrest ,the GP saved him ,but explained to the press in a very embarrassed way that he only `rarely' came for fish and chips!

It's very rare that I have any junk food, as it's commonly called, but when I do I really enjoy it. If I go to somewhere like a football match, rugby game or an outdoor event I'll have a beefburger with fried onions and brown sauce or a jumbo sausage with fried onions and tomato sauce. There's nothing wrong with that and it's quite healthy. The problem is when that's all you eat and your diet is just fried stuff. You just have to be sensible.

mmmmmm ,i replied to you'r post above Michael but it wouldn't post,i don't know where it went,i will try again,When i fancy one of those burgers

that you mentioned above nothing else will do,not Burger King or McDonald or any of the modern burgers,they are completely different,i love loads of onions and red and brown sauce,mustard as well, very dribbly,and as you say in moderation every thing is OK ,That's it,The seed is planted I must have one today.LOL

Sausage, egg, chips and beans for tea last night - scrummy.

• Upvote 1

Fish and chips was a life saver in the depression years. A nutritious food at an affordable price. Not so affordable now though :(

True, the trouble is that fish and chips still hang on to the reputation of being a cheap meal. There are now many tasty things a lot cheaper. And if folk are in real difficulty, it is worth looking for the yellow labels in the supermarkets. OK, it's usually stuff that's near to its expiry date/time - but if you are buying "to eat now", so what? And you can always "Drinka Pinta Milka Day" !

I always keep my eye open for the reduced bargains,its not being tight it is sensible,i freeze them if they look OK and never had a problem yet,its them ELF and SAFETY people at it again.

everything in moderation!

my slimming world diet is great with things like junk food. gives you ideas to make your own 'fake aways', I love cooking Chinese food and its much healthier! closest to junk food I get at the moment is mug shots pasta, they're lovely and 'free' on the diet meaning I can have as many as I want (works on a syn/point basis, allowing 15 a day, what you dont use you add them to the next day, some save them for the weekend to go drinking or for a cheeky take away)

this weekend me and the other half are going for a meal + to the cinema, about time we treated ourselves to some grown up time. I think we're going to the Chinese place in calverton, yumm!

• 2 years later...

You see,is it marketers?,the council and planners or even Burger King?..Nope..its the citizens of Nottm..today's people opting for this S###t!! As a visitor this year,I have never seen so many overweight people,in particular young girls..squeezed into uncomplimentary clothing, which is quite worrying that today's youngsters view fat as OK!!

Maybe the mobility scooter makers are in cahoots with the disability dpt.

to render our population into useless lumps of lard,so other nations can flourish!!...Ten years time that council house clock will be chiming at 4 .am for the mat kneeling brigade!!

#75 Your mention of the shape and size of people reminds me of an experience I had when I worked in the Farmers shop on that site. I was working in the underwear department and there was a sale on after Christmas. In a basket was a load of corsets. A rather large lady asked if she could try one on and I said yes and told her where the fitting room was. She must have thought I was a trained corset fitter rather than a student because she called me into the fitting room and asked if this garment was the correct fit. I stayed clam, kept a straight face when confronted by the overhanging bulges and asked her "Is it comfortable madam?". She said no, so I suggested she tried a different one and I did a hasty retreat. I did manage to contain my laughter until I got out of work!

• Upvote 1