S'lovely here, watching the tennis with a few really cold ones (Been in the freezer since we got back!!)

Very shortly I have to get into the kitchen and start cooking !

(Ham salad for Sunday dinner it is then )

Well the ideal temperature can be high or low, everything is dependent on the relative humidity... A late friend of mine was in the navy for many years, spent some time in Antarctica. He told me they used to play baseball on the beach in what would be considered bitterly cold weather during the summer down there...BUT, it was very low humidity.

Now try working hard at 65F in 95% relative humidity, it will be murder!!

Try working in 130F plus with almost zero humidity, oddly enough it's not that bad, but I wouldn't like to overdo it in those temps, in fact I rarely did when doing so.

Now take 70F at around 25% humidity..PERFECT!!!! The ideal working day, lazing day and drinking day...LOL

Drove up to Lincoln today as we approached on the A46, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight flew over.

As we drove back The Red Arrows Flew over.

Waddington air display. Great day for it :)

Moffat in Scotland?

Yep That's the one. Don't allus rain up here you know :No1:

Anyone missing the last two years Springs in this country should be sectioned.May blossom is called May blossom because it comes out in May not ruddy June,Bluebells a month late too.And last year April showers in May,June and July.

20 years plus ago I returned for a visit, the only month we could get over was November, cold and foggy most of the time.

We bumped into a lady who had a shop in Whitby, her shop was like an oven, way too hot for me...She'd returned to the UK after living many years in Florida, been back a couple of years and still hadn't acclimatized...

No, no intention of returning to such long winters.....LOL If the heat got too much for me, I'd just move to BC, Canada...Mild climate all year around.

I do not miss the weather you have in the UK, after 'Goose fair', it was all down hill weather wise. The real killer for me was the dampness, that seemed to get to the bone marrow.

Living in Florida is just my cup of tea, it can become humid during the summer months,but it more than makes up for it in the winter, warm sunny days.

just been out in the car, when I got in it was 33 degrees, I expected it to cool down after the short drive home , but no, it's now 34 !!

You lot just aren't equipped for it

I can have snow coming out the A/C vent in the car

Im finding it too hot too, and i love hot weather! Windows wide open, not that it makes a difference, even my two year old is complaining of being too hot - Usually hyperactive and running around, now sitting and colouring or laying on the sofa watching tv with a sweaty head saying 'Hot, mummy'

Iv sorted the paddling pool, so she cools off while having a splash & i dip my toes in while sitting in a patch of shade.

93 here and pretty humid late afternoon, I need an old bathtub outside so I can lie in it hillbilly style....

• Upvote 1

Just returned from Melbourne . 2 degrees colder than Adelaide,but the biting wind freezes to the bone.Wonderful mid winter day in Adelaide today,no wind,bright blue clear sky,brilliant sunshine,and 17 degrees. The forecast says cloud but they certainly got that wrong.

Apart from a few days of heat in the summer the climate in Adelaide is PERFECT.