I've seen it all now.

If you go to the far east, you will see in shops and on markets rice priced by its age, and the oldest is the most expensive, because they believe rice gets better with age, like we do in the west with wine...

• Upvote 2

If you go to the far east, you will see in shops and on markets rice priced by its age, and the oldest is the most expensive, because they believe rice gets better with age, like we do in the west with wine...

Is the green rice the most expansive then. ;)

• Upvote 1

I'll stick with Uncle Bens !

• Upvote 2

So cheap there. Unfortunately they've closed the one near me down and are turning it into a Morrisons...

There is a huge B & M store in Bulwell Market Place they took over the old Woolworths building

• Upvote 1

I got shouted at in Bulwell B&M: Mother-in-law & I was in the pound shop next door when I saw teabags at 100 for £1, I said "they're cheap, you should get some" so she got 2 packs = 200 teabags for £2...We then went in B&M & the same teabags were 200 for £1-89, 11 pence cheaper. She went on as though she'd lost £100, she even told the checkout girl her tale of woe, it made her laugh.. :) :)

• Upvote 2

YES Mick it was a coop,cant remember a cinema there,but before my time i remember family talking about the PALACE pictures in Bulwell may have been that.

The Co-op on Highbury Road is the one that used to be a cinema. Don't know what it is now - I assume it's no longer the Co-op?

Surely the B & M/ex-Woolworth's used to be the Olympia or Olympic Theatre or similar name? Not sure if it's the same building as the theatre was or a 'new' one on the same site.

The Bulwell Olympia held its final show on Saturday July 12 1952. A year later the building was sold to F W Woolworth which opened a new store on the site by Christmas of that year.

Now, sadly, Woolworths has met a similar fate and the old building is now occupied by B & M discount stores

post-5478-0-40954900-1396116047_thumb.jp