Now you can live in the former big Co-op

You can now live in the old, big Co-op. Part of it has been converted into apartments and they've just started to come on the market. The exterior photo shows the building from the Wollaton Street side.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43926895.html

I bet everyone here is wondering whether the art deco staircase has been retained.

• Upvote 1

OK for yuppies, but I like my garden. Even in Basford it provides a little bit of a sanctuary and peacefulness . My mind clears of all horrible thoughts, and I become a different person. LOL.

Yes, that does sound reasonable. I could cope with that once a week !!!!!!!!

I had wondered how come I could hear music coming out of that building when I walk past it to work in the morning...

Not a great spot. Upper Parliament Street opposite has become pretty scuzzy over the years and then there's the legions of the bewildered flocking into the city every Friday and Saturday night.

• Upvote 1

If you click on streetview in the link in CTs #1 post ,there's dozens and dozens of asian looking blokes hanging around , in what look like overalls or uniform , outside The Crown Plaza .

Whats occurring ?

Yeah, but wasn't The Big Co-op a great store? Furniture, Fashion (after a fashion), Electricals, Chemists, Household Goods, all accessible from that great staircase that ran up the whole building to the Accounts Department at the top. The big surprise was the Grocery "supermarket" on the ground floor - talk about meeting all requirements! Nottingham's own Harrod's!

11-6-4-1-5, my mum's divi number. Do I qualify for a rent-free apartment?

• Upvote 1

Looks like it katyjay , must be a large concern that can pay the hotel bill for that lot , never mind the airfares !

Thought at first it might be a regular pick-up point for casual workers going veg picking or something similar but then noticed the uniforms .

Re # 14 , not bad going for someone twice declared bankrupt . I suppose his assets are all in the names of family members.

I seen some other properties for sale in the city, the other day, they are 5 storey houses that I think front onto Mansfield road, and at the rear they are on Huntingdon street, I think just below the Nags head, they are priced from £249,000.

Is the location St anns, or the City centre, either way it seems a lot of money, and there is no decent view.

Think they will word it saying neither of those Mick,something along the lines of "Historic part of old nottingham"

I seen some other properties for sale in the city, the other day, they are 5 storey houses that I think front onto Mansfield road, and at the rear they are on Huntingdon street, I think just below the Nags head, they are priced from £249,000.

Is the location St anns, or the City centre, either way it seems a lot of money, and there is no decent view.

Is it these places? https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.961122,-1.150515,3a,90y,34.18h,92.04t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1ssolYaUcJjVBwuwoRwXZ6BQ!2e0?hl=en

I think they count as city centre, but I also think they are all offices and business premises and not real houses for real people (although that's obviously how they started life)