G'day / Ayup from Oz

Hey everyone.

I have been lurking about this forum all morning on a wet and drizzly day in Brisbane and has brought back lots of memories so I had to join and say g'day/ayup!

Born in Carlton and moved down the road to Gedling when I was in my teens. Been in Oz for 4 years and miss the place like crazy so it has been nice sifting through all the posts and checking out the old photos!

Cheers guys!

• Upvote 1

Good Morning Notts2Oz,

Welcome to Nottstalgia, I am a Carlton born gal, Chatsworth Ave, then moved across Westdale Lane to Gedling. I lived there until I left Nottingham for West Midlands in 1966. Have fun on Nottstalgia and I hope you enjoy and share your memories with us.

gday notts2oz hope you are enjoying your new life in oz mate you will find lots of folk on here who lived netherfield carlton and gedling. hope you enjoy the topics on here.

And why not?........

At least we have a winning team - Have you got a team together yet or are you still arguing among yourselves as to whose fault it was that you lost the Ashes? :rotfl:

No Pommie cricket team, no Beefsteak to ridicule.......Nottstalgia ain't what it used to be!

• Upvote 1

Don't forget Bazza and Stan and all the others down here.

Still, what goes around comes around and it will be your turn soon. Then again................. wereno1

Sorry guys but I support all things OZ re sport I even took out citizenship when the Poms rejected my wife as a british subject (Hong Kong girl) even though she was married to me she has no right of abode in the UK.Been keeping up to date re abuse to young orphans sent out from the UK to Christian Brothers homes,anyone remember the Big Brother movement that brought out young kids from UK ?,I came out on my own when I was 22 and was sponsored by the Lions Clubs.Now I'm 73 and drawing the Aussie pension another reason I became an Aussie felt it was the right thing to do, some Poms including my own family felt I was a traitor but I believe thats their problem.

Bazza123

ps Welcome Notts2oz cobber

Thanks for all the welcomes!

I was living off Westdale Lane with my parents before I moved over here (Victoria Street - Where the Doctors surgery is) and before I lived there we were at Nairn Mews in Carlton. My Nan lived on Church Street and Green Hill Rise in Carlton but was born and lived in Netherfield before she met my Grandad.

I still support all things English and British over here, even though I get lots of stick (Especially after the Ashes debacle!). I have my Forest sticker on the back window of the Car etc.

I do miss England though, I never came over here because I disliked anything or thought the country was broken. My wife's parents moved over here a few years back and we thought it would be a bit of an adventure.

I do not see myself here for the long-term. I still have elderly parents and family in Nottingham and my wife's family are in Manchester and Blackpool. Roots can be strong things!

• Upvote 2

MY BROTHER,whos a builder is Forest mad,and he has a forest sticker on the back of his van,"a big one",and hes working in LEICESTER at the moment,i reckon hes madder than you nottsoz, lol.

• Upvote 1

Our turn next season. C'mon you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds.

• Upvote 1

Hi, Notts2Oz, a warm welcome.

I wonder where we'd be if Billy hadn't been sacked. We were firmly in the play-offs and playing well. It certainly disrupted the team.