My wife and I are on FB, but only to keep up with family really, we have a son in the uk and 4 grandkids there too, so it keeps us in touch with them.

Also same with our daughters and grandkids here in Oz, we usually find out first on FB whats happening with them all.

I did find FB very invasive once and hated the adds, but with an add on to Firefox called FB purity, I now get none of the intrusive rubbish, games requests etc. so it is bearable.

I also follow the forte of never putting anything on there I wouldn't place on a bus shelter wall :-)

I find it very disconcerting the way the younger generation live out their lives on it though, our grankids included.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I should add, that the friends on here that I've also got on Facebook, are not wafflers! They post interesting stuff, and photos etc, which are easier to post on there than here!

I have my account set for anyone wanting to request being a friend, the reason being, in case an old mate tries to contact me...Other than that, it's relatives, very old friends I worked with, grew up

You can always go on FB with an alias Carni.

and just think what you are missing by not being on FB.....people could be showing you what they are having for dinner.......wooooooooooooooo

I find it very disconcerting the way the younger generation live out their lives on it though,

This is why I came of FB, if I can avoid that kind of information, it is tempting to sign up again. Did you say Nottstalgia is on there? I will investigate today!

• Upvote 1

I don't mind Facebook, it has its uses, but the one I absolutely cannot stand is Twitter. A totally pointless waste of space and time. I've never seen anything on it which was interesting or made me think "I'm glad I saw that, I didn't know about it".

A chocolate fireguard is more useful.

• Upvote 1

Yes Carni...Nottstalgia is on there...but nothing happens on it....a few likes and that's about it....tho there is a 2nd Nottstalgia group that has been set up for folks to go to when this site has crashed just so you can get info on when it should be back on.....so nowt exciting....just one pic of Robin Hood.

OK. Will still have a look later today. My Daughter is coming to visit this afternoon. I will get her to show me the ropes.

So far, Nottstalgia is the only site that I enjoy. I'll take a look though, You never know!

• Upvote 1

The thing to do Carni, is only have a few close friends and not all and sundry, as your friends. Hopefully that way you won't get the 'I'm just making a cup of tea' 'I think I'll do a bit of washing' etc etc. Yawn.

• Upvote 1

I should add, that the friends on here that I've also got on Facebook, are not wafflers! They post interesting stuff, and photos etc, which are easier to post on there than here!

• Upvote 3

You do realize that when you join FB, you consent to them and their advertisers to use your photos, and they CAN claim copyright to them as well!!!!!

One of the reasons I use a piccie of Gonzo with his hens as my avatar on there and rarely ever post any of my photos on FB.

Carni, remember if someone gets on your wick on FB you can just delete them, I've deleted some ex-friends as they kept sending me game requests after I asked them not to, also you don't have to accept friend requests from people you don't know or want as friends, I've ignored 3 requests as I don't know who they are.

I've joined some FB groups: Teversal, Silverhill & Sutton Colliery's to talk about pit stuff. Bestwood Village Community, met some old friends on there as I used to live in BV. Langley Mill Bygones as I lived there for a bit & Dad was born there. I see someones name & think "blimey I've not seen him/her since the 70's/80's ect" in one case since 1968 as he was an old school mate at Trent Bridge..

• Upvote 1

Steve, the game requests are sent automatically, your friends don't send them...LOL

For all Apps, and that incudes games, you have to give permission for FB and it's advertisers access to certain parts of your profile.

A reason I won't play games or use ANY application on FB.

And who aint got a camera??? I'll have you know I have a few, they all need film though.....LOL

Nah I have three digital cameras, one I've had for something like16 or 17 years now, expensive at the time but worth nowt now.

I also have a Kodak point and shoot that takes a fair photo, but me Nikon is my pride and joy.

Steve, the game requests are sent automatically, your friends don't send them...LOL

/quote]

OH BUGGER, what have I gone & done. Looks like I'll have to get my groveling knee-pads on. I can't remember who I've deleted now. I bet their thinking "I wonder why he's deleted me?" Another fine mess I've gotten myself into, lol..

Yeah easy done when you don't know how some of the sites work...

I first became a faceache person when my old ISP went bankrupt. Many of the folk from that ISP kept in touch via FB and still do.