Early summer in the garden at Watten Station:

LizzieM: not always busy in the garden. Here's what I did today:

Scaraben summit.....

DSCN1510.JPG?gl=GB

.......and Lybster harbour:

DSCN1523.JPG?gl=GB

• Upvote 1

You would be justifiably proud of that garden, Compo. You have just lifted the bar a little higher again.

Fantastic Garden Compo, and It looks like a Fantastic place to live.

I love your Stumpery, It puts my bit of Driftwood with two ornamental Robins on to shame.

The Tadpoles are looking Healthy, soon be hopping around the lawn.

Grand Photo's.

Looks a beautiful place to be, on a nice day.

Brilliant garden though Compo, hard work pays off.

Compo

You should be very proud, beatiful garden, one of the things I do miss in the "green and pleasant land" during an English spring and summer.

• Upvote 1

THATS lovely compo,and its made me realise................something else i'm crap at.

• Upvote 2

Fantastic Garden Compo, and It looks like a Fantastic place to live.

I love your Stumpery, It puts my bit of Driftwood with two ornamental Robins on to shame.

The Tadpoles are looking Healthy, soon be hopping around the lawn.

Grand Photo's.

Ditch the artificial Robins Carni. If you have Ivy or similar your garden should attract the real thing.

• Upvote 1

I've just Googled to find exactly where Watten is. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Watten/@58.2981244,-4.2635083,8z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x489ace55e94bb2bd:0x1047a79b5b445a8e?hl=en

How come somebody from Nottingham ends up living at the edge of the world?

Moved here from the Orkney Isles. Moved to Orkney from Lancashire. Moved to Lancashire from The Falkland Islands. Moved etc. From Ethiopia. Etc. Lancashire. Norfolk. Nottingham.

Ditch the artificial Robins Carni. If you have Ivy or similar your garden should attract the real thing.

Will do Compo. They look very sad now after two winters in the elements. We do have some real Robins. They come to visit every day, they must be territorial, because they look like the same ones, and always stay in the same part of the garden. Thanks for the tip about the Ivy. That is the area that our Robins always visit.

Compo spot on carnie' i have some lovely 'ivy' and i know the same Robin has returned for at least 3 years,our cat had hold of it and i managed to save it,but it was badly injured and the marks are still on it.

Lilly my cat as promised to leave it alone,mind you i don't believe everything she tells me.

• Upvote 1

We used to have a wren's nest in ivy on a tree trunk, by a close-boarded fence. It came back every year for several years then last Spring it suddenly disappeared. I'm convinced a local cat got to it, off the fence.