• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.

Learn from yesterday,Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.......Unknown Source One day your life will flash before your eyes.Make sure it's worth watching......Unknown Source Be not afraid of going slo

We owe a lot to Thomas Edison - if it wasn't for him, we'd be watching television by candlelight. Milton Berle

Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body,but rather skidding in sideways,totally worn out,shouting " Holy CRAP........what a ride!!"

• Upvote 1

Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body,but rather skidding in sideways,totally worn out,shouting " Holy CRAP........what a ride!!"

Live fast die young & leave a beautiful corpse. ;)

• Upvote 1

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. —Harvard economist Henry Rosovsky

It does not matter how frequently something succeeds if failure is too costly to bear. —Nicholas Nassim Taleb

A thinker sees his own actions as experiments and questions — as attempts to find out something. Success and failure are for him answers above all. —Nietzsche

Anyone who denies the law of non-contradiction should be beaten and burned until he admits that to be beaten is not the same as not to be beaten, and to be burned is not the same as not to be burned. —Avicenna (980–1037 AD)

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so. —Mark Twain

You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts. —Daniel Moyniham

The trouble with this world is that the ignorant are certain, and the intelligent are full of doubt. —George Bernard Shaw

Objectivity must be operationally defined as fair treatment of data, not absence of preference. —Stephen Jay Gould

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first. —Mark Twain

Love consists of overestimating the differences between one woman and another. —George Bernard Shaw

The absence of alternatives clarifies your mind marvellously. —Kissinger

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. —Nietzsche

Emotions are the lubricants of reason. —Nicholas Nassim Taleb

On retirement..

The transition from 'Who's who' to Who's he '

Eddie George.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,

Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit

Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,

Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.

Omar Khayyam

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile , hoping it will eat him last.....Sir Winston Churchill

My mother used to say,

There are no strangers only friends you haven't met yet.

She is now in a maximum security twilight home in Australia..........Dame Edna Everage

I would like to be known as a person who is concerned

about freedom and equality and justice and prosperity for all people........Rosa Parks

I have the body of an eighteen year old,

I keep it in the fridge.....................................Spike Milligan

Not heard this for years, but it came up on TV the other day...

"I'm browned off"

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere that 77% of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23% who are apparently doing quite well for themselves.

~Jerry Garcia

• Upvote 1

We owe a lot to Thomas Edison - if it wasn't for him, we'd be watching television by candlelight.

Milton Berle

• Upvote 2

I have the body of an eighteen year old,

I keep it in the fridge.....................................Spike Milligan

Reminiscent of something first written, I think, in the early 1950s by Robert Bloch (author of 'Psycho' and other horror stories):

'Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.'