Reclaimed slates needed: Where (around Nottm) can I get a dozen 14" x 7"?

As per the title, I need about a dozen slates, 14" x 7". At risk of stating the obvious, they are to repair a roof (for a friend). Went up there thinking I just needed to replace a half-slate next to a chimney stack but counted several others cracked or partially missing. Have seen reclaim sites on the net, flogging them for around 60p each but nothing local (to avoid big shipping costs).

Cheers; I'll try that Stephens place. Was down Finch Close not so long ago pricing up bearings and bits for 'me' clock from a firm called Brammer.

That's a bit clever for this time of night. LOL

Bubblewrap (#12)

At the International Clockmakers Convention and Parade in Bavaria the Swiss ‘movement’ were marching to their own calling of tic, tic, tic, tic. Whereas the other contingents were marching to tic toc, tic toc, tic toc.

One of the lederhosen clad and monocle wearing organisers, objected to the group being out of step with other marchers and declared,

“Vee have vaz of making you toc.”

• Upvote 3

I have some that might do but they are up here in Caithness. If anyone is coming up this way you can have tehm for free. Otherwise shipping would be prohibitive. they are Ballachulish slate.

Are you still over there Bubblewrap? We were there last year, on the way to the Dublin ferry. I remember learning how to say that when I was little, using it as my party piece regularly!

Try it now Lizzie after a couple of wines.

Well done, I'll believe you. LOL

When we were looking for a motel to buy in the Southwest, knew of one for sale in New Mexico, a place called Truth or Consequences, didn't want to have that mouthful to write everytime.

• Upvote 1

That's easy for you to say!

No it isn't! Balak - balachul - ballerkulish - Ballahoolish! ah, got it at last :)