• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest. No one has to read any post that they don't want to. One click is all we have to do. Or as soon as you see who has posted, don't click on. There are quite afew Topics that don't interest

I Often have to bite my tong (metaphorically speaking) when i read posts on anything about Engines,mining equipment,bus numbers,chassis parts,woodworking,metal bits in fact anything complicated especi

One of the first things I noticed all that while ago, when I first found Nottstalgia, was how every one seemed so friendly. People had a bit of Banter with each other and I can only remember one perso

If at meet ups you want to know who Mick is ,he is the one in the boiler suit ,pencil behind one ear ,nud end behind the other ,tutting to himself and repeating its going to cost you.

• Upvote 1

Tomlinson, I am not very up on how to use quotes, so excuse me if I am wrong. on #21 there is a quote that looks like it is from me. Looking back at the time and date of the post that is quoted. My post doesn't contain any of the text that appears in your quote. Not even something I would write? Like I have said, I don't fully understand the quote system, so I would be interested if someone could explain it, if I have missed something.

As I understand it, it happened this way. I 'Quoted', as a light aside mentioning Bill Haley had entered our hit parade in 1955, on your original post. I realized later I had omitted to add that it was 'this day' 1955 by which time it was too late to edit my 'Quote', so I added another post which has appeared under your name - so it's your fault!!! thumbsup Confusing, isn't it?

• Upvote 1

Here's a pleasant memory for we oldies & goldies, picked up from Radio 2 this morning. 1955 saw the first entry of Bill Haley & The Comets into our top 20! Ah! Youth!!!

I was born in November that year, wonder if I was concieved when that hit the charts cool2

#17, when I built this house I put metal nailing strips over the studs where cables went through, those dry wall screws can make a mess of cables..

• Upvote 1

Bloody hell, whats up with everyone, talk about going round in circles. Life is what you make it, it's very hard sometimes. Yes we've all been a pain in the arse on here sometimes, including me, big time, but my heart is in the right place, and, unbelievable, as I write this, wo ho, a Spitfire has just flown over my house, how cool is that.

Yes trains and planes, that's my forte, I've been away from Nottingham for so long I can't comment on the place anymore, only past experiences, it was a wonderful place to grow up in, I loved it and felt so lucky to have lived my early life there with all the experiences that I had.

I am now about to take my dogs out for a walk down the nature reserve, but Essex ain't Nottingham, it never will be.

• Upvote 4

#17, when I built this house I put metal nailing strips over the studs where cables went through, those dry wall screws can make a mess of cables..

Nice one 'Ayup'............can't stop ive got a Banana going black in the kitchen,....... :biggrin:

Bruised??? Don't you mean squelched...LOL

• Upvote 1

Mashed 'nana - reminds me of when my dad had his teeth out!

• Upvote 1

I stumbled across Nottslagia whilst researching for material and decided to join after reading some of the threads on subjects that interested me….Nottingham and its social history.

Even the short time I have been a member I feel a bond has developed with some other members in exchanging views or contributing.

I thought it was, is, a wonderful site and very refreshing where you can express freely your opinion on a wide range of diverse subjects and topics.

As long as the comments made or views of members are not promoting terrorism, racism, homophobia or bigoted, where is the problem?

If somebody digs a hole for themselves others will take advantage, if I am guilty of this there is no malice intended. I like a good laugh I will give it out but I also will take it.

I’m afraid my pot is always half full I’m too old to think otherwise.

Life’s too short to keeping moaning.

• Upvote 6

Thats what i was trying to say on my previous post 'carnie'............a bit of banter and humour goes a long way,i was'nt criticising the people for their interests,in fact i was taking the 'wee wee' out of myself and my lack of skills on the handyman front,and i think sometimes my 'banter' can be misconstrued,?all i was saying was,i try to hold it back on those subjects,but every so often i can't,..........in the nicest possible way.

know what i mean me duck or have i made it worse.. :)

I have a "Friend" on faceache who often makes very scathing remarks about people and what they say. He is an ex-public schoolboy and I suspect also an ex-school bully. Some of his remarks are intended to offend and humiliate. I have tried but never oncce received an apology for offence caused by his posts. Banter is great but plain arrogance and nastiness are unacaceptable. Most people know this and illustrate the mood of their post with "Smileys" to indicate a non-aggressive/belligerent comment, just to ensure that no offence is taken. If I offend people - and it has happened - I try to apologize as quickly as possible. I don't want to lose friends through a careless remark.

• Upvote 3