• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rubbish!....You put on here anything you think will be of interest. Those with their own books won't need to read it....others with no interest aren't forced to read it... But some of us are interest

GOOD EXAMPLE OF A BRAIN STUDY: IF YOU CAN READ THIS OUT LOUD YOU HAVE A STRONG MIND. AND BETTER THAN THAT: ALZHEIMER'S IS A LONG, LONG, WAYS DOWN THE ROAD BEFORE IT EVER GETS ANYWHERE NEAR YOU. TO MY

The latest book I am reading is on Nottingham and published in 1938 has come up with some very interesting facts . Did you Know? After the War, Nottingham was faced with a serious housing shortage.

Before I retired, I was in my bosses office one day and she handed me a sheet of paper and just said read this. I had never seen anything like it before but just read it straight off with no problem. There were no numbers in the test she gave me as in the beginning of the test above. just jumbled up letters in the words.

#45 and #46 Sarcasm is lowest form of wit. I take it you both don't like cricket? By the way Benjamin if you keep your bananas in the fridge they will last longer.

In fact 'robbie'......i love cricket and its statistics,by the age of five or six i could name all the players of the then test playing countries,my pet subject if ever i went on Mastermind would have been 'England cricketers of the 50s and 60s. SO THERE !

Sadly my interest has wained over the last few years and i'm not at all interested in the one day game,its just a lottery,but it does generate revenue,and incidently i played until into my 40s......SO THERE AGAIN.!...........LOL.

• Upvote 1

Not wanting to show off, but I did it all straight away...............I love these.....

Great test Robbie..........

I ALWAYS laugh at myself. I might as well. Every bugger else does.

Don't ever run yourself down..........You are okay, just tell yourself regularly........

Very good Carni,

At last I have found somebody with a mutual interest in cricket statistics. I look forward to sharing all of them with you.

I think it's very bad form, the sarcasm one can get sometimes from folk, just because of a penchant for cricket statistics and the like.

As the great Hilaire Belloc wrote .. ' statistics are the triumph of the quantitive method, and the quantitive method is the victory of sterility and death '. Don't you agree?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Sorry folks. I'll stick to train spotting. LOL

You come train spotting Lizzie, that'll keep you mesmerised. LOL.

But I'll buy you a note book and a shiny pen !!!!!

The latter TBI.