Hopefully it's not too late turning the GPS off Lizzie. Fingers crossed.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bet you won't get anyone like my wife ! She took a parcel from a delivery driver and when he handed her the PDA to sign she asked where to do it.   He actually said "Oh just below" , pointin

From conversations I have involuntarily overheard, they are not worth listening to. Indeed they are not worth the participants wasting breath on. How can people spend half their day talking inconseque

• 11 months later...

In my new gainful employment I'm having to use a personal digital assistant hand held computer or PDA if an adult answers the door they sign for items using their finger or the stylus, kids answers the door they sign using their thumb, watching a kid use a mobile texting using both thumbs I find fascinating? :crazy: 

• Upvote 1

I've not heard of this being done but reading the 'fake' message lizzie had made me wonder why they bother. The only thing I can think of is house breaking. There is software that can spew these out by the hundreds in a matter of minutes and with some phone plans offering unlimited free texts there is no cost to them. The percentage of people who reply will be miniscule but that could still mean a considerable number of 'hits'.

When you do reply they will know the number is 'live'. Using freely available tracker programs they simply chose a location and  will know where you live and when you are away from home. Just a thought and probably wide of the mark...

On 2017-6-24 at 2:57 PM, radfordred said:

In my new gainful employment I'm having to use a personal digital assistant hand held computer or PDA if an adult answers the door they sign for items using their finger or the stylus....

Bet you won't get anyone like my wife ! She took a parcel from a delivery driver and when he handed her the PDA to sign she asked where to do it.

He actually said "Oh just below" , pointing to the little window.

Unfortunately she thought he said "just blow" and took it off him and blew at the screen as though it was some sort of breathalyser that analysed your DNA ?

Much hilarity ensued !

• Upvote 6