• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one for the vintage vehicle fans   Rog

Old Petter engine coming along fine good clean off and top half stripdown and valves ground in,old carbon deposits cleqaned from cyclinder head and piston crown.all filters changed as

Posted Images

We visited the Indianapolis Raceway museum last Sept and there was the equivalent Mercedes to that Silver Ghost on display. It must have taken me 20 minutes to look at it. Some fabulous machinery there and most of it European. I had to be dragged away....

• Like 2

Old Lister ST1 arrived at our place this afternoon in style,on a pallet being lifted by a John Deer tractor with forks on the front and a ditching bucket on the back,(bet that got a few tongues wagging in the close) I took out the holding down bolts this morning when the engine was still on the beet cleaner,William (the farmer) and me got it on the pallet ready for transporting it,when it arrived home we off loaded it onto the engine trolley I made a few years ago for a similar engine,it is now in my garden awaiting restoration,a few pictures

in situ on the beet cleaner

P1060507.jpg

P1060508.jpg

On my engine trolley in my garden

P1060510.jpg

P1060512.jpg

Rog

• Like 2

Rog, I loved the film about road safety, especially the first part as  it showed an old-style orthopaedic ward..... no separate rooms, just one long Ward - now that really took me back!  And the nurses still wore old style uniforms (but the modern day ones are much more practical!)

• Like 1

There's some interesting stuff on this one,mention of the Raleigh three wheeler van and the Scammel mechanical horse and Scarab,interview with a sign writer (thought of our Chulla)

Rog

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Only a month away !!  Nottm Autokarna is on Sunday 3rd June at Woolaton Park always some good bits of metal there.

If I can keep a car running dependably then I will take something.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for that TRD I had no idea it was on or that they even had such an event, and free parking!

I think I'll go tomorrow and have look see..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nottm Autokarna is on next weekend. Sunday 3rd June at Woolaton Park.

I hope to be there assuming my faithful Alvis behaves as it ought.

Exhibit B45.

May see some of you!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, siddha said:

Nottm Autokarna is on next weekend. Sunday 3rd June at Woolaton Park.

I hope to be there assuming my faithful Alvis behaves as it ought.

Exhibit B45.

May see some of you!

Exhibit B45?  Is that Ben?   He's a classic for sure ....

On 5/28/2018 at 11:27 AM, siddha said:

Exhibit B45.

The weather was gorgeous, I did trawl up & down all the rows of Bs had a look for you, nearest I found was B43 & B47 why can't they be in numerical order?

Tempted by the display of new scooters & motorbikes from MSC.

Finished up in the Rodney.  

http://www.scooters.co.uk/index.php 

I was there in a blue Alvis opposite the burger van I think the B section had more cars than spaces so was down a bit with other B exhibits.

Anyway Pianoman found us and we had quite a natter; he had to put up with boring stuff about whit metaling as a guy came round with his card and I will need some doing soon!

Great weather and some fabulous motors and bikes.

Next year perhaps...……….. if I can keep going.

• Like 1