You mustn't laugh!

I think I'm allergic to flea bites on the bum. Now stop laughing! :)

IMG_3292.JPG

Ouch, I'm not laughing, I feel for you!

By the way, I always rub itchy insect bites with spit. I don't know why or where I got the idea from, but it seems to relieve itching quite a bit.

Being a wet spring, plagued by mozzies and got mozzie bites all over me link that Compo, I often wonder how they can "bite" through a pair of shorts and undies?? But they do.

Some of the mozzies we have come across on our travels have no problems biting through 2 layers of clothing, a singlet and a sweat shirt, couldn't believe I had been bitten on my shoulders this way, but was.

#1 compo.................your bums in a funny place Compo.

#2 TBI...............Ive never been able to spit on mine.............not that ive tried.....lol.

Banjo, the biggest mozzies I ever saw were in the Murumbidgee (sp) irrigation area, I'm sure I could have thrown a saddle on them and flown off into the night! They were huge mongrels. Every farmhouse had a berm around it, puzzled us for a while until we found out they flood the whole area...Rice growing..

• Upvote 2

The Alberta mozzies are built like 747s and they attack in squadrons. Real bad up there at this time of year. Nothing much short of a suit of armor will stop the little suckers.

There's a nasty disease in the Caribbean Islands that has just reached US shores spread by mozzies, it has an odd name I don't recall, but there's very little the medical profession can do to alleviate the nasty symptoms of it.

No you're getting mixed up with a bum, said with a heavy French accent.

A berm is a built up earthen works around an object, now used to stop a house or houses getting flooded.

We have Noseeums here they will bite you everywhere even down your ears & up your nose you just cant resist the temptation to scratch. once the temp goes over 100 deg they are gone the bugs that is you on the other hand are all scabbed up for a couple of weeks.

There's a tiny bug east side of the Rockies known as a chigger, a corruption of a Mexican word. Damned things get through your socks and make your feet itch like hell, they get under your waist band of your undies too. The only way I've found of stopping the itch is to scrape off the top of the tiny itchy lump they leave. The bug is so small, you can only see it under a magnifying glass.

Kinell, loppy,ayup and Dgbrit............glad i stayed this side of the pond.... :)

• Upvote 1

Ayupmeducks, # 9

It's Dengue Fever that you're on about. Spread by mosquitoes and gives flu-like symptoms and severe pain in the joints. A lad who works for us in the Caribbean got it ....... took him ages to get over it too.

Nope Liz, this is it "chikungunya" If you can pronounce it...LOL

Deet is toxic...LOL All products with deet in say use with caution, over here... TBH, I've found nothing really works against mozzies, or other biting bugs. Even spraying my socks and boots, I still get eaten alive by chiggers, and ticks do a tap dance and jig over my boots and socks...LOL.

Ben, #18. We've got some nasty critters, but we don't have rising damp! Lol.

John, try a bit of Tea tree oil. Stinks so pungent nothing will come near you and its none toxic. Come from the Tea tree in Australia I think.

Those lousy ticks will climb your leg and lock onto yer boom, or berm or whatever it is. Amazing you don't even feel 'em 'til they are locked on.

• Upvote 1

You know, I had a tick on my body for several hours once upon a time and it never seemed to hook into me properly thank goodness.

We were in Bulowayo and our flight out of there was delayed (because Mugabe had commandeered the plane) so we went for a hike around the countryside. We were warned about ticks in the grass but didn't notice any. Eventually we went to the airport and flew out to Johannesburg, just a short hop really. Went straight to an hotel and as it was so hot and humid I immediately took off my t-shirt (in the room of course!). A nasty little tick fell out of the shirt. I disposed of it in the loo but it was horrible to think I'd been carrying it around inside my t-shirt for several hours.

• Upvote 1