• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I strongly suggest anyone thinking of 'Adopting'' a Kitten don;t.....   Have two instead.........Babs and Syd are giving us so much pleasure in these 'Lockdown' times..........they playfight

#11 Just for you Fly.

I love cats....we lost ours through mouth cancer last March, it was devastating, we had her for years, I will never own another, to heartbreaking when they pass away................I am feeding a very

I was woken up at 1am by Jessie Belle (formerly Jezebel) who was in labour and came to fetch the midwife!  At 1.50, she gave birth to a little ginger kitten who has the loudest voice I've ever heard and seems rather bad tempered. I've named him Rumpole.

Four hours later, she gave birth to a black and white kitten. Could be either male or female.  Mum and babies doing well but I'm not sure she's delivered them all as yet. I didn't watch when she ate the afterbirths.

On no sleep, I feel like death warmed up.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Aah, that’s lovely Jill.

I love watching new life coming into the world…. one of our cats purred all the way through her labour!

Similar here. Margie. Jessie has purred all the way through. Black and white wasn't behind the door when it comes to getting in first. Whether male or female I don't yet know but likely to be named Pushkin as it's as near as makes no difference to Push In, why don't you?

• Upvote 1

Jill, Your food bill will go up a bit now as Jessie will need extra while she’s a nursing mum!   Love your choice of names for the kittens btw

Well done to Jessie, Jill. Are you keeping the two kittens ? Guess if you’ve now got a male one she’ll be getting neutered otherwise he’ll be annoying the hell out of her  As time goes on!

All my cats are neutered or spayed. Jessie is a stray and was already pregnant but she won't be having any more. 

Assuming your cat is missing. Siddha, I sincerely hope she returns to you soon. There is nothing worse than not knowing where she is.

Our Annie is(was) a very beautiful long haired silver tabby.
She has two house mates Bella and Tom and has got on with them well for 10 years.
She/they move comfortably between the outdoor world and indoors.
We live in a rural setting where traffic is limited to larger tractors and equipment.
Anyway she has not come home ..............yet.
As Jill has said the worst thing is not knowing.
When we lived in urban suburbia cat casualties were not that uncommon, they seemed to want to cross roads at the worst possible moment!!

We will doubtless adjust!!

I really feel for you Siddha as we’ve been in this situation 2 or 3 timers.  Its the not knowing that is the worst.  I hope she returns….. x

Siddha, hope she comes back soon, our little black and white one disappears for long stretches and it is worrying. She usually comes back with a mouse to say sorry.

Jill, how lucky is Jessie to have found you for her mom. Happy times ahead watching those kittens.

• Upvote 1

Cats aren’t my favourites because I’ve always had dogs but over the years we’ve had quite They roamed the area but always came home. At that time we had 2 cats and one day as I was in the garden I saw a tiny kitten peeping through the gate. There was no house around so I presumed it had been dumped there. So in she came and got to know the other animals. I expected some territorial clashes and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t the residents but the newcomers aggressive attitude. She got to be called Tiger. 
Another cat we had in later years was called Fritzy as she was given to my daughter from her soon to become husband. He loved to surprise us by hiding behind chairs and jumping out at us as we passed. He always followed my daughter to keep her company until she reached the main road and then came home. Around this time I went into the village and I parked the car and 2 little kittens walked out from under the car. Overnight they must have found that the car wheels were warm.

Now all we have are strays that my husband feeds and send the dogs barmy. 

• Like 1

Joy in this household!! Little Annie returned home last night at about 10 o'clock. Sauntered through the door as cool as you like as though nothing had happened.

Human occupants we are delighted feline chums took it in their stride checking her out with a good sniff.

God knows where she had been! Perhaps away in the fields disorientated haven't got the wrong side of the harvesting machinery ? A shed that somebody eventually opened? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm so pleased to hear your good news, Siddha.  I suppose the only comment Annie would have made was to ask why her food bowl wasn't full in anticipation of her return.  I don't suppose she'll tell you where she's been. After all, it's none of your business.  Sleepless nights over. Good old Annie.

She did not appear to very hungry, but she is an adept hunter so I doubt food was a problem. I would love to know what happened. She is still around the house and not going off as she used to so I guess something has caused this behaviour. Who knows??

Apparently, some researchers have discovered that a vegan diet is good for cats.

Good luck trying that with our two feral mouse and bird killers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-12513067/Now-CATS-told-vegan-Felines-follow-meat-free-diets-fewer-health-disorders-likely-need-medication-study-claims.html