Favourite clips from films, adverts, soaps.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do like this ad for Maltesers This is Beattie Edmondson daughter of Ade Edmondson and Jennifer Saunders. http://www.davidreviews.tv/Work/Maltesers_Leaving/

carnie and margie, here's one for you both. A wonderful fantasy romance film starring the lovely Jennifer Jones. The music is nearly all Dubussy. creating a mistiness to the story. Note the use of col

I have posted a scene from the Bette Davis picture Dark Victory before (not that anyone took any notice). I make no apology for posting another. This scene displays her superb acting skills, without h

I've seen it many times and thoroughly enjoy it. Proper films with proper stories and superb actors, not like the puppets of today.

• Upvote 1

Started to watch it on More 4 last week,could'nt tell you owt about it though because I fell asleep after about ten mins,sorry

Rog

• Upvote 1

Two more scenes: After saying in jest that he wished he'd never been born, his guardian angel grants the wish as a means of trying to prove to him that his life does matter. Not realising that he is now a nobody, he cannot understand why no-one recognises him, and why the town he has always lived in is different. They don't know him because he never existed and the town's people never benefitted from the good he and his building society had done them. A visit to the cemetery reveals it to be as it was before he built houses on it. Gradually it is beginning to sink in that there never was a George Bailey in anyone's life other than his own.

• Upvote 1

Ill definitely watch this or record it next time it's shown. It certainly seems to have created an immense impact and impression on you Chulla , so it must be a good storyline.

Can't make Broadway Christmas Eve as I'm being invaded by outlaws !

• Upvote 1

There are certain films that have left a lasting impression on me, such as, Brief Encounter, Shenendoah , Thelma & Louise , Mein Kampf, The Train, The Beguiled, Unforgiven, The Wild Bunch. The Long Riders. In fact most good westerns. Behind the cowboy facade, there is invariably a good storyline.

Of course, anything with James Stewart in is a great film. Most Clint Eastwood films are very thought provoking too.

#54. It's on at the Broadway every day from 18th to 24th. Go on, F2, make the effort, you really will enjoy it.

James Stewart was the finest of all screen actors in my opinion, but he did make some duff ones, in particular the four he made with Hitchcock. As for westerns, High Noon has to be the best, followed by The Westerner and Destry Rides Again. The last two are on the lighter side, and all the better for it. My view of westerns has changed since I was younger. I see them just as excuses to depict people killing people.

But there's a reason for people to kill people. Such as High Noon, The Man From Laramie, The Magnificent Seven , The Alamo.

Sometimes killing is justified. I don't like the glorification of killing, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

With the delightful Kim Novak .

My ex looked like her, but with longer hair.

Back in the days when cigarettes were advertised on TV I loved the music used by Benson and Hedges. (I did not smoke!) One advert had a man going in to a jeweller's shop to rob it and coming out with the gold packet of cigarettes. Then there was the one with the game of cards in the link below. Both had the same music. I have never heard the music since the advert stopped but the lovely tune has stuck in my mind. Reading this thread gave me the idea to try Youtube. Success! Found it. The next problem is what the music is called. The comments below the youtube clip say it is a Jaques Loussier piece in the style of Bach or a piece by Bach but none of the posters have found out what it is called. I will wait until my son comes home and show him the clip. He plays loads of Bach music so I hope he recognises it. Do any of our members know what the music is? I have not succeeded in putting the youtube link in this post.

HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

The Chullas were going to see the film at the Broadway on Christmas Eve. All booked up, so we are going this afternoon for the 2 o'clock showing. I see it is on Channel 4 Christmas Eve afternoon at 2.15. For those who will watch it for the first time, don't click on the video link below. For those who want to know how it ends, click on the link and enjoy one of the great film ending of all time.

So, George finds his wife, who is frightened by a man she has never seen before. Now in total confusion he runs away from a mob and finds himself on the river bridge where his 'change' took place. Realising at last that he has never been born, and how his absence from people's lives has effected them, his second wish - to return to how things were - is granted, leading to the best of happy endings.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a Wonderful Life was on again yesterday - I make that four times in the last month. BTW did I ever tell you what the film is all about?

• Upvote 1

post #72, I like the part where Jimmy Stewart leads the band in that big hangar in front of all those American airforce boys

Rog