Notts TV was launched on Freeview on the 27th May 2015 and shortly after it also went to Virgin and SKY. I can remember it getting some bad press with the programmes being poor and amateurish. Because of this I've never watched it. However, I was searching the TV listings over the weekend and had a look at the Notts TV listings. I saw a programme, 'Now and Then' that was about the windmill at Sneinton so I decided to record it. I also recorded some other 'Now and Then' programmes to see what they were like. My wife and I have been watching them today and I was pleasantly surprised. They are 30 minutes long and so far I've seen the programme about the windmill in Sneinton where they show the workings and the history of the windmill. The second was about the history of the Notts brewery industry and you saw the main places like Shipstones and also included the Fairham and the Bridge near Clifton flyover. The third was all about Boots and the fourth was all about the Theatre Royal. We're now watching the programme about Newstead Abbey. All the programmes were really good and very informative with interviews and film giving you the history of the subject in question. They are worth watching or recording to view at your leisure.

I am on Freesat not freeview.

They do now transmit on Sky but I am not a sky customer.

You can manually tune NottsTV on your freesat receiver.

Instructions here

Settings here

Notts TV © LyngSat, last updated 2015-09-19 - http://www.lyngsat.com/tvchannels/uk/Notts-TV.html

Source 28.2°E Astra 2GEurope Ku

Freq 11464

Horizontal

SR 22000
Fec 5/6

On my Humax it comes up as channel 5004

The only programme I watch on there is the Bootroom that discusses how the local football teams have gone on at the weekend or midweek and looking ahead to the next matches.

One time they will have a panel of ex pros who have played for each of our local sides and another time it is fans of our local sides.

The Bootroom ive tried to get into but can't Dave,..........Mcparland i hardly understand,and the presenter frequently has no socks on let alone a 'Bleddy TIE,

• Upvote 1

I've just watched the programme about the Nottingham blitz which I really enjoyed. I was quite surprised when they showed a photo of the Nottingham Auxiliary Fire Service and my Dad was on it, with three others, stood by their vehicle. I recognised the photo straight away because I have the photo.

• Upvote 1

My dad was in the Auxiliary Fire Service at Sutton in Ashfield, but he was transferred to Walsall as the need for more personnel was greater in the Birmingham area. I've recently located his ID cards and certificates. He had burn scars down the back of his neck due to debris from bombed buildings continually falling on him.

Reading these posts this channel sounded very interesting so I looked on line and found out that there is a Notts TV website where you can watch the episodes on line. The programme about the blitz is amazing. The bravery of the two firemen in St Mary's Church putting out the fire in the roof! A very well made and informative programme and a fitting tribute to the bravery of the people of Nottingham in 1941.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info regarding the website, BilboroughShirley. I was speaking to my eldest brother today and he's going to watch it if it's being repeated. I checked and it's on again on Sunday. I'll phone him and let him know about the website so he doesn't have to wait.

redbowen, the only way you will pick it up live is to buy a cheap sky dish and satellite receiver that you can tune.

Freesat is a good system and brings in hundreds of UK and foreign channels

Sky channels are scrambled unless you have a sky box, but they all come from the same satallite.

Full list of channels. ASTRA 28.2E

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

All satellites

http://en.kingofsat.net/satellites.php

• Upvote 1

We have BT broadband. In the previous bill we had BT sport free because we have their broadband. When the last bill came then they had changed it and charged us for August backdated! A phone call from my husband cancelled BT sport as he said it is not worth paying for. Often it did not work well and this is poor considering that we have no trouble watching anything on catch up TV and iPlayer and now also Notts TV direct from their website.

• 1 month later...