A few years ago (about 15) the police stopped me from performing Bunny Hops and wheelies in Bulwell market and they caught me again just as I was attempting to do an Evil Knievel type jump across the river at Bulwell Bogs on my mountain bike,they "un politely" told me to "grow up and go home" never did manage to jump the river ( I was nearly 50years old at the time) another ambition gone unfulfilled

Rog

• Upvote 4

Bloody spoilsports, they should have been rounding up burglars, druggies and perverts.

They always take the easiest option. LOL

• Upvote 2

I was driving past the front of the old Guildhall the other day when a deliveroo scooter came from North Sherwood Street on the pavement shot accross the road in front of me within a few feet, mounted the pavement opposite the Guildhall and went off out og sight. All the wrong way on one way road or on the pavement. People at the bus stop obviously unhappy and shouting at him o her. Total nutter.

A few years ago (about 15) the police stopped me from performing Bunny Hops and wheelies in Bulwell market and they caught me again just as I was attempting to do an Evil Knievel type jump across the river at Bulwell Bogs on my mountain bike,they "un politely" told me to "grow up and go home" never did manage to jump the river ( I was nearly 50years old at the time) another ambition gone unfulfilled

Rog

Heard about the Irish "Evil Knievel" ?

Jumped over 35 motorcycles with a double decker bus. :jumping:

• Upvote 1

Its not only the cyclists. Here it seems that its the reason that cars were invented to mount the kerb. Theres been no end lately and among the victims are small children. They caught one driver yesterday, drugged up to the eyeballs with 3x the allowed alcohol and killed a small child and injured a few more. Interviewing witnesses afterwards they were saying that he wasnt at all concerned and lit a cigarette. Sorry but I think he needs shooting.

• Upvote 2

Has anyone seen the deliveroo cyclists?the way they weave in and out of traffic is unbelievable,I reckon it won't be long before they cause an accident.

I've noticed them a lot in the evenings when it's turned dark. The lights they have on their bikes are pathetically non-existent; a candle would be brighter. They are so arrogant or stupid they don't realise they are invisible under normal lighting. It won't be long before one of them is knocked off because they were effectively invisible.

• Upvote 2

The police don't have to enforce these rules.

Get the council enforcement wardens doing this instead of idly standing around waiting to pounce on a motorist, these council wardens in Lincoln issue FPNs to cyclists for pavement violations there.

Also PCSOs too, let em earn their keep.

• Upvote 1

Bring back the slogan wear something light at night. Living in the country driving along dark hilly lanes you come across no end of locals out for an evening stroll and you are on top of them before you know it. Ive come to recognise all the dangerous spots and bring my speed right down to a crawl, ive had too many scares to travel at even 20 mph. People dont realise that dark clothing is the wrong type to wear on a dark country lane.

• Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw a deliveroo chap on a bike last night going along woodborough road,well the item he was delivering must have been heavy,he was red in the face and wobbling from side to side,the package must have been about 2or 3 feet tall.

Speaking to a local copper on Saturday regarding cyclists in Bulwell & she said the pedestrianised area in Bulwell is a recognised cycle tack & the police can't do Jack s&*t about the problem.

The mind boggles.

This definitely ought to be strictly enforced, but no chance.

#13, unless so signed, cyclists have the same rights as pedestrians in pedestrian zones. Using the term 'pedestrian' as opposed to 'motor vehicle free' does lead to people getting upset at cyclists when they're actually within their rights, although should cycle carefully, obviously.

#15, many cycle paths aren't fit for purpose, and can even be dangerous. Funnily enough, pedestrians have no regard for cyclists on cycle paths either. I often have to ask people to let me past their dog on a long lead, or to let me past them walking 4 abreast on both the pedestrian and cycle paths. You even get places on cycle paths where you can't actually squeeze a bike between a tree and the road or where you have to veer onto the road for 10 yards and back on again. It's not as simple as making their use compulsory when provided.

It's one of my bugbears, people being intolerant of others. I used to get hassled by anglers when kayaking, by surfers when swimming, by cars when cycling, by cyclists when walking, by walkers when cycling. Basically, people seem to think their chosen activity or mode of transport should be the only one allowed. The old 'cyclists don't pay tax' nonsense for example. No-one pays road tax, it's an emissions tax, and most cyclists also have a car anyway. I do think cyclists should (as I do) have insurance though. It's a tiny price to pay for what can cause significant damage to a person or car.

• Upvote 1

I encountered a right nutter this morning. Sitting at a junction waiting for a space to pull out into heavy traffic. Up behind comes a scooter. He mounted the pavement, overtook me on the inside and weaved back onto the main road just in front of me.