There are number of factors effecting CPU, Busy Site, And Background processes.

I can cut some of them down but have no control over other. This is time consuming. And I have Zero time until 24/6/16.

One job is tuning Robot.txt which limits Robots crawling, that is the ones that will obey the robots rules

You can find out more by Googling High CPU Usage.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on my iPad,, too, nonna - didn't check if the same message was on the PC. I thought, wouldn't it be terrible if no-one could ever get on the site ever again!!! To lose contact with so many o

It would be like a sort of treasure hunt trying to track people down by finding clues/photos in their posts, wouldn't it! For all you Nottingham area residents it would be easier - Catfan could fin

I had the same problem about 1 p.m local. That would be about 6 p.m your time. I was on my Ipad. First though was that it might be a virus but somehow it did not seem like what I would expect of a

Posted Images

Don't like to think of crawling robots - hope they'll all obey Asimov's robot laws...

• Upvote 1

Did you ever see 2001 A space Odyssey. Margie?

Dave (The hero of course) Went and pulled the computer's memory boards when it got nasty. All it could do after that was sing A bicycle Built for Two. That fixed the blighter.

Not sure thats the solution here though. LOL.

• Upvote 1

We also receive hundreds of attempt registrations by spambots every month.

These are blocked and forwarded to Project Hunnypot. This is also Resource intensive.

I could switch it off. That would be fun.

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid it does ruin our fun when it keeps shutting down about five times a day! But, I keep persevering!

If you keep this thread updated and quote the exact error you get and time GMT, I can check back on the logs.

Thanks.

• Upvote 3

I'll stick to going through Google rather than Yahoo, as I always get a proper error message with Google.

At least one other member who lives quite close also suffere from shutdown at the same time as I do.

Yet someone from the other side of the world is trouble free. Mystifying!

When I stated in my last post that the info didn't mean much it was because I don't understand that kind of thing.

When I read my post again it looked as though I was being derogatory to mick2me which is something I'd never do.

• Upvote 2

Its over my head too Michael. I just expect to switch on my iPad and everything work perfectly. Unfortunately we haven't reached that stage yet.

And yes, thanks from me too Mick. You do a fantastic job.

We knew that, Michael you are not a derogatory sort of guy. I didn't see your comment that way.

Cliff. Thats the error message I see too when it comes up. It hasn't been around the last couple of days.

What isp are those who are having problems on? Lately I've had intermittent problems with a number of sites. I'm on Virgin and I don't have the same problems if I use my laptop elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

10.22 tonight. Error 521 server down.

Contact with server support
Your Question: We have been having regular server outages for some weeks on our forum site Nottstalgia.com 'Server cant be reached, Nottstalgia.com refused to connect Err Connection refused' and 'Host error 521'
What is happening
Please wait, an operator will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with Ksenia Temchiy - Hosting Support
21:50Ksenia Temchiy:Hello, you've contacted Live Support! Please give me a minute to look through the question you asked.
21:50Mick:Thank you for prompt reply
21:51Ksenia Temchiy:Allow me some time to check the site, please.
21:56Ksenia Temchiy:Is there a way to reproduce this error now?
21:57Mick:The error comes on from time to time for a short time, currently no problem
21:59Ksenia Temchiy:I am afraid that the logs are not informative enough as well as the error code. Did you use CloudFlare in the past?
22:00Mick:I am not sure What cloudflare does I am afraid.
22:01Ksenia Temchiy:Can you please come back to us when the error appear so we can check the logs and investigate the issue? I am afraid it cannot be done in retrospective.
22:01Mick:OK Thank you for your advice will do. Thanks
22:02Ksenia Temchiy:Thank you for contacting Namecheap Live Support! Have a nice day, good bye.
The conversation has ended.

About as useless as tits on a bull.

Which means what? They haven't a clue?