Thank goodness I was somewhere in the opposite direction. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Lizzie, that makes me feel sick...

It does me now!  It was 34 years ago, in a corridor at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, in front of my toddler son and a hospital manager.   

• Upvote 1

Even if Jimmy Savile wasn't a paedophile and a pervert, he was still a weird and ugly bu66er. Ugh !

I sincerely hope that unfortunate experience hasn't left you mentally scarred Lizzie. Crikey, it doesn't bear thinking about. 

I hope you doused your cheek with Domestos or something similar !

Saville was a regular visitor at the Chestnuts in R.O.T. when my husband was the manager there. He (Saville )was in his half shaved look. Maybe then he was also a regular visitor at Saxondale.

I didn't know Savile came to the Chestnuts nonnaB, however, he possibly visited Saxondale Hospital which was a Mental Institution. Saxondale Village was half a mile away towards Bingham. I wouldn't have been interested as I've always thought of him as odd despite his charity work, which as it now appears was a cover for his despicable acts. 

Ive never been as 'celeb' chaser anyway. 

• Upvote 1

Savile always gave me the creeps. I tend to believe that people who do genuine charity work do it quietly and unobtrusively. They don't advertise the fact, brag or crow about it. The motto is, I believe, 'Do good and disappear'.

The fact that he had cameras filming his portering activities at St James's hospital in Leeds rang alarm bells with me. It just wasn't genuine. As the Dalai Lama, a man I much admire, says...what you do is one thing but it is the intention behind it that really counts. Some get involved in charity work purely for their own self aggrandisement, which renders it questionable. Savile's intentions are now revealed for the cesspit they were. Personally, I do not believe he has escaped without consequences. He will pay for it.

• Upvote 3