That's not the worst, people on the equator are at right angles to us....

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There must be something in this Flat Earth stuff.. after all the Flat Earth Society  has members all around the globe....   

Gravity has a twisting motion and also a powerful sideways component. Witness the dropping of buttered toast, and when you're working at the garage bench and you drop a small item. It drops about

Many years back, an experiment was carried out in a deep mine, the idea was to see if two plumb lines were exactly the same distance apart at the two pit bottoms. It was done at a weekend when no mini

In regard to all this and somewhat related.  What is gravity?  We are all affected by it.  We are not made of ferrous metal so it is not magnetism in the normal sense of the word.  What keeps the atmosphere from flying off into space?  Don't misunderstand me I'm not advocating flat earth or anything.  I've had a fairly scientific education, but some things just don't add up to me.

No, the scientists admit gravity doesn't add up to them neither. They speculate that there may be a force carrier particle called a *graviton* but they have zero evidence of it's existence, so it's just a hypothesis & not even a theory. These things keep me awake at night, I've  still got no answers yet though, if I do find any answers I'll post on here first..

• Like 2

Glad I'm not the only one Colly.  ;)  We are taught a lot of things from the first day in school that most rarely question.  Gravity being one of them.  Certainly very real if you fall off a ladder, but still a mystery.  Maybe I should ask Mr. Google.  :biggrin:

Well I've had a good few mornings when I felt as though I'd fallen off the end of the earth !

• Like 1

Up in the clouds as normal Rog. 

Forever the eternal dreamer me !:rotfl:

• Like 1

All bodies have gravity, although it cannot be proven on earth. The moon has no atmosphere, but certainly has gravity.

All the planets have gravity, the larger the planet the stronger the gravitational forces.

I doubt anyone will ever be able to tell us what gravity really is.

I can't, but stomachs, chins and boobs certainly suffer from it over time. Oh, and hair !

• Like 1

I read somewhere...

'Gravity is a myth.. the Earth sucks!!'

Gravity has a twisting motion and also a powerful sideways component.

Witness the dropping of buttered toast, and when you're working at the garage bench and you drop a small item. It drops about 3 feet and goes sideways 12 feet to under that cupboard where all the spiders live.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
22 hours ago, NewBasfordlad said:

In todays rag Freddie Flintoff was revealed in as a flat earth believer, I wonder how he equates flying over to Aus to play cricket.

Wonder if he's noticed the sun is in the north when he's in Ozz land? Mind you the flat earthers explain that on their website = it's an optical illusion, they explain a lot of things as optical illusions..

If (big if) the graviton exists I suspect (although I have zero evidence) that it'll be a wave function particle & have wave/particle duality like electrons, strong force & weak forces have. I've been trying to get my head around how a thing can be a particle & a wave at the same time, but many experiments confirm it's true. I wonder what IQ you'd need to work it out? I've got no chance then as I'm a thicko, lol..

Many years back, an experiment was carried out in a deep mine, the idea was to see if two plumb lines were exactly the same distance apart at the two pit bottoms. It was done at a weekend when no mining operations were carried out and they could shut the main vent fan off and short circuit the air flow.

The experiment was carried out by a mining surveyor for accuracy.  Each line was centred in the shaft at the surface and measured exactly, once this measurement was made, the lines at pit bottom were measured, several times so as to get the exact same reading each time.

The two lines were closer at pit bottom than at pit top. Using his tables, the surveyor stated if the two lines could reach the dead centre of the earth, they would touch.

That experiment by itself proved the earth is a globe, and gravity is probably centred dead centre of the globe.

• Like 3

In the science museum in London they have a long thin wire coming from the beams in the very top of the building with a weight and pointer at the bottom,on the floor is a clock face, the pendulum swings in one direction but when you pass it again a few hours later the pendulum appears to have moved around the clockface when in reality the earth has rotated but the pendlum is still swinging in the same plane if you follow me,proving that the earth is spinning

Rog

• Like 1