• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Looks a bit like an oxo cube, you’ll be revealing next that it’s used in stews.

• Like 2

Another beautiful morning...........been sat on the Garden with my Coffee ............Babs has brought her friend round .......who is a regular visitor wev'e named her 'Daisy''.............they've both been inspecting my ''Monkey Puzzle tree''......Babs tested the sharpness of its leaves...she won't do it again......Monkey puzzle tree plant - Picture 1 of 7

• Like 1
On 5/7/2024 at 11:23 PM, Oztalgian said:

Sad news from Malmo this morning, the Australian entry One Blood by Electric Fields did not make the final ten songs to go through to the final. Australia in the Eurovision Song Contest, what a bl**dy joke. Who cares anyway?

Thing is Oz, whether you like Eurovision or not..and I don't much..the Liverpool event, standing in for Ukraine last year..was judged a huge success by all. 

If I recall correctly, the first non European Country to participate in the contest, was Israel. Last time I looked..Israel was in North Africa..bordering Egypt, or in West Asia, bordering several other countries..non of which is in Europe. All somewhat odd.

It's a bit more complex than that and seems to be based on membership of the European Broadcasting Union, which has members from way beyond anything most would consider to be in Europe and which seems to have encountered increasing problems maintaining its 'non political' stance in recent years.

That there politics gets everywhere...:rolleyes:

Fill yer boots:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Broadcasting_Union

13 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Pleased to see you've put the new poster out of his misery @Cliff Ton. He seemed to be suffering from unbearable itching. I was about to suggest Germoloids...

What did I miss?

Up bright and early, off to the asda for 06.00 and back home for 07.10, lovely warm sunshine now so decided to give the tent a bit of an airing just in case we decide to have a few days in Wales later on, managed to put the tent up in about twenty minutes so not too bad, quite fancy a few days in Norfolk as well this year, we are off to Edinburgh for a fortnight as well this year plus the vintage/village shows with the old cycles so a busy summer ahead of us

DSCF2597.jpg

DSCF2599.jpg

Have a nice day all, catch you later

Rog

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, MRS B said:

Looks a bit like an oxo cube, you’ll be revealing next that it’s used in stews.

We have a recipe for Wombat Stew. Take one Wombat, put in a large pan, fill it with water, put it over a fire and when the water is boiling add 1 medium sized rock. The Wombat will be ready to eat when the rock is soft. Alternatively take out the Wombat and eat the rock.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

What a lovely day it has been, wall to wall blue sky and hardly any breeze, anyway gave the tent a good airing and now it's back in it's storage bag, had a trip to Newark a bit ago and the traffic was horrendous and I used mainly side roads and back streets so heaven knows what the A46 was like, I read that the 4.2 million pounds granted to Newark council to set up a new truck stop has been abandoned because the field they were going to use near the showground is too expensive so the council in their infinite wisdom are now going to spend the money doing up the castle, I suppose it makes sense to someone, anyroad hope you have all had a great day and not got too burned in the lovely sunshine

Rog 

So what are you planning to do Rog? Hire out your tent at Calais, to the highest bidder, complete with a jolly sea cruise.

Hey I never thought of that youth, do you think anyone would take me up on the offer or do you think they'd prefer the hotels the government provide them with? ,,,,,,, let me think,,,,,,,I don't think they would, thinking about it I could rent it out to someone in Dublin I've heard they looking for accommodation

Rog

Good luck with the darts tomorrow night mate

• Like 1

Cheers Rog., had a looksee at the list and I've got 18 players to keep in line. Will start at 6.00pm with a supper of hot dogs or jacket potatos ( with cheese, beans or both!). Will keep you posted. thumbsup

• Like 1
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

What a lovely day it has been, wall to wall blue sky and hardly any breeze, anyway gave the tent a good airing and now it's back in it's storage bag, had a trip to Newark a bit ago and the traffic was horrendous and I used mainly side roads and back streets so heaven knows what the A46 was like, I read that the 4.2 million pounds granted to Newark council to set up a new truck stop has been abandoned because the field they were going to use near the showground is too expensive so the council in their infinite wisdom are now going to spend the money doing up the castle, I suppose it makes sense to someone, anyroad hope you have all had a great day and not got too burned in the lovely sunshine

Rog 

There was a crash on the A46 bypass. We caught up with the jam at Kelham and managed to turn round in a gateway. Instead of Waitrose we finished up at Morrisons Netherfield!

That would explain a lot Phil, everyone coming off the A46 at the Lord Ted island and going through Newark to get back on the A46 at the A1 roundabout and same the other way

Rog