The Great Jackie Milburn,,

Ben and Maude,,like it,,

Gonna be hard choosing

• Like 1

Too temperamental Den,,but possible,, 

Jennifur - Clawdia? The male of course will be Trex...thumbsup

Sorry Brew but ?

Wifes come up with Jack and Vera.........keep em coming

Just remember ...  How would it sound when you are calling their name out loud to call them in or if (hope this never happens) they ever go missing?

Our previous cats have been...

Moggy, Moggy 2, Tatty, Stripe, Dexter, Charlie, Dill, Pusscat.  Our present cats are a mother and son called Button and Zippy.  

I should wait and see what the kittens’ personalities are and name them accordingly!

What colour are they?  Sometimes the colour fits the name. I always wanted a black and white 'tuxedo' male and an orange female, and call them Fred (Astaire) and Ginger (Rogers)

Squibs and Fritzy ?

My day.. (yesterday) was good.  I don't have any cats for a start. ;)..

Long walk.. including my first ascent of 'Shaley Brow' for many many years. It's the only vehicular road which can lay claim to being a way up Billinge Hill. It's maybe 30-40 seconds in a car... It's more like 30-40 minutes on foot. Very steep and no pavements.

It was dark as I was ascending, so the added issue of trying to avoid being mown down by a motor vehicle. Still.. I made it, then splodged and squidged my way through deep mud to the top of Billinge Hill and then back down to home via a more usual route. As I descended the 'tip road'.. (once a track, but upgraded to take traffic when the quarry on the hill was filled in with waste) I spotted two ghostly disembodied lights ahead of me.  As I got closer I made out the silhouettes of two young ladies dressed in black.. heading up the hill towards me. Each was accompanied by a blue, or red light... floating in he air around them..

Were these Witches?

Err.. No..

Each young lady was accompanied by a black dog, wearing a red, or blue light up collar...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guttering etc. finished today, cctv camera fitted back up and a dead wire clipped off the front of the house, (there are a lot of wires on the front of the house still haven’t worked out what all of them are for). Must say that they seem to have done a good job, suppose the first downpour will prove it or not.
Certainly makes the house look better, the old ones were cast iron (possibly the originals?) and in very bad shape and the side soffits had peeling paint hanging off it which looked awful plus the front ones were all water stained where the guttering had twisted letting the water run onto the front wall affecting the front bedroom and the (dreaded) fitted wardrobe. Time will tell I suppose. 
I must say the price was a surprise as I have a side extension and a conservatory at the back and presumed (wrongly as it happened) that it would need scaffolding but they had a platform thingy (technical term) that they erected and moved round as they did the job. I was suitably impressed:wub: 

To Carni  sorry to hear you and your better half have succumbed to the virus, hope you are starting to feel better. 

Yesterday I had the pleasure of picking my first " crop" of lemons from my €1.99 twig. There were only 6 but I made some lemon curd, only 21/2 small jars but it was so delicious. So much juice from the smaller lemons . What a great satisfaction. Straight from the tree to the jar.

Today we are starting again with making gingerbread houses of all sizes.. Again a great satisfaction when they are finished. 

• Like 5

Had me cataract surgery done yesterday.  Not a bad experience, but I'm running around like a one eyed pup, reading NS with right eye only due to patch over left eye.  Get the patch off later.  Looking forward to it.  I can see light and shapes throught it.  So the eye is still there.  :biggrin:

• Like 12

Are Jake and Bailey administering your drops?

You'll be amazed at the difference in your vision.

• Like 1

They would if they could.  They have been acting very concerned for me.  Maybe they think i won't be able to find the dog food.  :biggrin:

No eye drops until he takes the patch off.  Probably have to  sleep with it on for a night or two so as I don't scratch or rub it.

• Like 1

Patch off this afternoon.   Just a bit fuzzy still as he said the eye is still a bit swollen due to additional work done on it to relieve glaucoma pressure.  He said it should clear over the next two or three days.  It is still much better, brighter, and the cataract has obviously gone.  Even I could see it.  Follow up apptmt with regular eye doctor next week to see about the left eye and keep using the drops.  :)

48 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Follow up apptmt with regular eye doctor next week to see about the left eye and keep using the drops.

Hang in there Loppy it will be well worth it in the end.

I have had both mine done, a month apart and then like Loppy had to have drops, antibiotic ones to reduce the risk of infection for ten days and anti inflammatory for 4 weeks. Now all good, everything as clear as a bell, driving at night is so much easier now. Just got to save my pennies for some new reading glasses.

Thanks Oz.

My thinkng is that the eye doctor will refer me to get the other one done.  It is not as bad as the left one, but I can see the difference now.  Colurs are not as bright and it's focus has changed.  That's why I went to the eye docs at first.  I just thought I needed new lenses.  The reading part of my tri focals still helps with my Ipad, but I'd love to get rid of glasses altogether.  Time will tell.  Not scared of the surgery now, it was nothing.  I've had worse dentist visits.;)

• Upvote 1

Best of wishes L.L. hope all goes well with both eyes. You'll  be able to see your way clear to lend me a few bob.

1 hour ago, Oztalgian said:Just got to save my pennies for some new reading glasses.

Oz, my husband had both eyes done a couple of years ago and doesn’t need reading glasses, although he had it done privately and did pay extra for ‘special’ lenses so he doesn’t need specs at all.   He didn’t actually having any evidence of cataracts but hated wearing specs and couldn’t get on with contact lenses so his (private) optician referred him for cataract surgery.  It’s worked a treat.  

Glad all went well LL, it's something I may need to consider, but not yet, still in early stages