How's your day?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Thankyou for the link WB, I had a quick look and I thought the same  as benj. 

Will now have a good look. These sort of links give me an idea what life is like in places other than our little island. It's surprising how similar our cities and roads look. I am going to go on that virtual tour around some of the cities on the link. Thankyou.thumbsup

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Beekay said:

You're right Ben, not a bit like the big city of Ramsey.:rolleyes:

Too right Beekay, have to pack sandwiches and a flask if you need to go to Ramsey from where I am!

I'm on the same side of the island as the tram Beekay,(Onchan), but in the thirty years I've been here only used it a couple of times. Much prefer driving over the mountain road to Ramsey.

Might have said 'Onchan' where i stayed in a motel on the main road WB.......But just looked at the map.......i headed south from Douglas and it was Santon.....enjoyed all the towns i visited on the Isle.........

WB, when we went to IOM, we stayed at a golf club and sports centre, 3 or 4 miles outside of Douglas. My brother lived on Victoria road, Douglas at the time, but we were unable to visit him because we were on a coach break and had no way to get to him. He obviously couldn't be bothered to come to us, ( unless his missus never told him when I rang). Would love to come back one day and stay in Douglas. That way I could ride the tram all the way to Ramsey. When we went on Snae Fell by tram, as soon as we passed Laxey, we couldn't see a bloody thing due to low cloud. In fact, we couldn't even see the tram from our picnic bench !

(Mount Murray golf club).

A few things BK...

The IoM prison was on Victoria Road!!!! Perhaps a reason he couldn't visit you. (Only joking).

The tram up Snaefell is a definite highlight for any visitors. My youngest lives in an old cottage in Laxey, I often think I should have bought it, she has glorious sea views from the front of her house.

Mount Murray was used as an isolation place for returning residents last year when we had a covid problem.

There is a steam railway service from Douglas to Port Erin in the south which is a lot more scenic and nostalgic than the Ramsey tram.

• Like 1

Done the Port Erin WB. Bought the T shirt and made the film ! Great little engines. Another place we enjoyed was Peel. The castle and the

Viking museum, (didn't bother with the kipper factory). On one excursion, the driver took us to a little industrial estate to visit a Fudge Factory, really interesting for a diabetic ! I did ask if our next stop could be an insulin factory.

• Like 2

Well I've just got back from Cv jab and still standing. Must say, I was very impressed with their system, including the two car park marshals who were sorting us out. My only disappointment was, I couldn't find where the tea and biscuits were. Back home now and going to have a lie down in a dark room.

I had mine at Newark showground this morning. I thought there would be a special VIP section but no, I had to queue with the rabble! What a load of doddery old farts. Am I really one of those? I had to stand in a cold barn before I was allowed into the inner sanctum. I was ordered to sit down for 15 minutes rest afterwards. There was no sign of coffee and biscuits or a gin and tonic. It took about 40 minutes all told but mainly because half the old fogies in front didn’t know what day of the week it was! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Suppose I was lucky then Phil, my appointment was for 09.25, I arrived at 09.10. I went straight in and went through the formalities then all finished and in the waiting area by 09.16. My ticket said " do not leave before 09.30.Went back to me car and 'er indoors said" blimey, you've not been resting long enough". I was done and finished 9 minutes before my appointment, (excluding waiting time).

What amused me was, they asked me if I was a carer?  

I felt like an old man this morning and uncharacteristicly reluctant to get out of bed. It is day 30 of the 31 day rowing challenge and yesterday I tried putting a bit of daylight between myself and nearest rival. Fatigue is setting in plus a bit of dehydration. Aching all over. Usually I do the first 12k row before breakfast, but decided to have breakfast and to rehydrate first today. Felt sluggish and stopped for a break at 35min. Restarted after 5min and felt much better and completed 14k before lunch. I should be rowing by the side of Loch Assynt this afternoon and hope to reach the final destination, Durness, tomorrow. 838km. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Postman pat deliverd a letter this morning telling me to book for my covi jab

Postman pat deliverd a letter this morning telling me to book for my covi jab,

Postman pat deliverd a letter this moring telling me to book for my covi jab !!!!

your not seeing things, I have had 3 letters all 3 have all the same wording in. Is it me?  

Had a virtual look round Nice. Had many visits there and walked many times along that road. It's one of the places that we went to for a day trip trip. Pre covid.

Today was my best friend’s 70th Birthday.  She lives in the Lace Market so I drove into town and then we walked (socially-distanced of course) through town to Broad Marsh to Carrington Street, down onto the canal towpath, along to Sainsburys, had a coffee at that retail park and then back along Castle Boulevard and back to the Lace Market.  It was the most depressing walk imaginable.  Nobody about, all the shops closed and everywhere so quiet. Must admit this is getting to me a bit now.  
We got a new car today though, a bit of brightness I suppose!