IAN123.

Down Clumber Street.

Pigeon crap?

Rog

Pure Guesswork..gum chewing has to be well below 50 ℅ of what it was 30 years ago. Used to get offered a wrigleys spearmint quite often back then..always refused..wish they been equally generous with their JPS !

It must be one of the filthiest streets in Nottingham. It might help if the shop staff cleaned outside their own shop.

Just before Christmas, I went to the HSBC. There was rice, noodles and some obnoxious red fluid outside the window at 11 in the morning. Then again, would I like to clean up some oafs vomit prior to starting work..... No. 

• Like 1

Disgusting..I remember Boot's in the 80"s had a swill out  team..bleached the whole frontage on Parliament Street including the pillars about 4am..late buses used to go from there back then.

.Fly..do you also work for the tourist board?

Ha, ha, sadly no. 

12 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Ha, ha, sadly no. 

Obnoxious red fluid..hmm..

Sweet & Sour sauce I reckon HSR. 

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Sweet & Sour sauce I reckon HSR. 

That's OK ..Sweet  & Sour sauce only makes me retch at the best of times! Thought you were talking that gobbing fashion..

In France all cities of any reasonable size (Nottingham would easily fit into the category) have streets cleaned daily by an 'army' of council employed workers known as éboueurs. They start work very early in the morning and have finished before most people have risen from their bed. Many small towns have council employed street cleaners with slightly different responsibilities but they still keep things spruced up.

Where is the pride in Britain?

• Like 1

Lots of it went to France, USA, Australia etc the rest don't care!

38 minutes ago, jonab said:

In France all cities of any reasonable size (Nottingham would easily fit into the category) have streets cleaned daily by an 'army' of council employed workers known as éboueurs. They start work very early in the morning and have finished before most people have got out of bed. Many small towns have council employed street cleaners with slightly different responsibilities but they still keep things spruced up.

Where is the pride in Britain?

Hope its like that now. my brother in law lives in Grenoble and walking through the centre it was like an obstacle course every morning. Dogs were always turned out in the early mornings so until about 10am you could walk freely but after that watch out.

Here we don't find many dirty streets.

I don't know Grenoble but, as far as I'm aware, all the towns and cities along the Côte d'Azur have a similar pride in their appearance and employ éboueurs. Marseilles lets things down due, perhaps, to its maritime roughness and large North African population.

988942-1052157494800516-1156652331304126Clumber Street in the late 1960's..Skinner & Rooks outlet has been sold.

Victoria Wine and Peter Dominic proved popular as Hicklings, Laings and Skinner faded.

• Like 2