Love the words to this Bruno Mars song............tinges perhaps....;)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Hey, Ayup Ben, pleased to see you back and sorry you’ve had health issues but hope you settle into your new home quickly.  Did you get out before the rent man called?   Just hope that a few of th

Ben, another group called The Spinners with some fantastic shots of the UK. The song was all about the "Right to Roam". Written by Ewan MacColl I've walked and climbed in most of the places in th

Mam and her sisters loved a bit of Wartime 'Swing''.........can you spot ya Mam and Dad?

My father loved Glenn Miller and I still have all his recordings.

At dad's funeral, I chose String of Pearls as we went into the chapel. I danced behind the coffin!  Since I organised and officiated at the funeral. I could do whatever dad would have wanted and everyone left with a smile on their faces which would please dad.

• Like 3

Thats lovely Jill.........

I remember, as I stood at the lectern, about to begin the tribute to dad, the first thing that came into my head was: "It was Christmas Day in the workhouse..."

No, I wasn't tempted. I stuck to what I had prepared.

12 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I remember, as I stood at the lectern, about to begin the tribute to dad, the first thing that came into my head was: "It was Christmas Day in the workhouse..."

That made me chuckle Jill. For my late FIL it would have been "He's fallen in the water"

I was singing this a while ago to my Grand-kids (with feeling and lots of expression)......when one of my sons reminded me i used to sing this to him way back he's 50 now.......and he remembered all the words.......lol

• Like 2

Got me feeling Nostalgic now OZ..........Easy to do with me.....sometimes wish i wasn't so sentimental.....love scenes like that......

Find it too touching often........especially when i pass places from my childhood..............'Softee'' that i am........

• Like 1

Just love that song Ben! but to me the only one who I like to hear sing it, is Doris Day   in fact all her songs Doris Day just puts feelings into all she sings,

• Like 1

December back in 63..........Upstairs of the Bodega.....first laid eyes on my 'Millie Small''  lookalike.....

Drink Duck?

go on then

What you like?

Babycham please..

Two Cherries?

Go on then........

You like a dance?

They don't dance in here..........

Bet you can if i ask nicely.....

Your Cheeky............

I did and we did............and 'Oh what a night''......lasted about 3 years........:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Whilst at the Palais or Locarno.

For the girls, most often, a Babycham, a Brandy and Babycham, a Cherry B, Port and Lemon or a Pony

For the blokes, The usual fizzy keg beers, a pint of bitter/lager and a dash of lime, or if flush with funds a pint of poor man's Black Velvet, a half of stout and a half of cider.

• Like 1

This gives me memories of Horninglow Burton on Trent.........that year again 63''............

Only there a few weeks......but had to get out of the place.......never been back.......

• Like 1

Bet he is..Jill..:laugh:............................

Loved 63'   turned 18......working all over for Marsdens..and Danced everywhere....first time spent time in Brum loved it......old enough to drink legally...........passed driving test....Marsdens gave me a car.....Mam increased my board to £3........what days and nights....thought they'd never end........Became a big fan of a young Billy............some great songs...........

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

The 6th June was also "Convoy Day"

It was the dark of the moon on the 6th June

In a Kenworth pullin' logs

Cabover Pete with a reefer on

And a Jimmy haulin' hogs

We was headin' for bear on I-1-0

'Bout a mile out a Shakey Town

I says, Pig Pen this here's the Rubber Duck

And I'm about to put the hammer down

When soaps were good to watch............ye ow.........lol

This came up somewhere else earlier today. It could've been too schmaltzy, but it stays on the right side.

And it's amazing how many people have fond memories of it.....in the comments.