What a weird feeling. Here I am sitting on my sofa, laptop on knee, watching an image of an aeroplane two miles up in the sky carrying my son home from Barcelona. In fact in the time it has taken me to type this, he has passed Milton Keynes to Royal Leamington Spa and Coventry. Marvellous intit. Live Tracker shows, they are here YEH. And relax. Just got to wait for a phone call from Brum to say they are on the train and hubbs  'Dads Taxi' will be on his way. 

Fantastic............ I'm still not going up in one...........Looks like Skeggy forever with me! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Never been up in an aeroplane carni? wow... Try to remember that flying is very safe... crashing on the other hand.....  ;)

• Like 2

Carni, just sit at the back of the plane, not in the history of aviation has a plane reversed into a mountain.

• Like 1

Carni  you must go in one. My aunt once came with us on holiday. She was petrified at the thought of flying. We tried everything in our power to keep her calm. Once on the plane and drinks were served she ordered a small whisky. We arrived at our destination and the first thing she said was..." well I will never be afraid again , I really enjoyed that and thought I would be terrified to the extent of passing out" 

Don't think about it ....Do it.:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I know you are all right, but at 70yrs, 11months and some days old, dicky ticker, plus the other bits that don't work properly, if they would take me I  probably couldn't afford the insurance !

Nope. the last aeroplane I went in was at the 'Goose Fair' 1953 and me mam said I cried all the way through the ride. The bloke wouldn't stop the ride for me to get off, and I have been no good since. if I am more than two steps off the ground since then , big panic.

Besides ....I love Skeggy. slywink

• Like 2

Blimey Carni, your old enough to be my sister. There's folks out there (go on you tube) old enough to be your mum that go wingwalking. That's basically folks that can't afford the seats inside, he, he.

A friend in the UK likes to track us on our trips. First the plane and then usually the ship. He isn't as mobile as he used to be, so lives vacariously through our travels. I did over 38,000 miles last year, Delta told me so.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, katyjay said:

I did over 38,000 miles last year, Delta told me so.

A sign of the times these days is the way your mobile phone (or cell phone) is tracking you wherever you go. (I know you can switch it off, but it never happened in the good old days).

Every time I go somewhere, when I get back I look at my phone and it's asking me what I thought of Primark or Debenhams or Sainsburys or Wetherspoons.  It's not just the tracking, it's the constant need for an opinion on everywhere you go.

2 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

Every time I go somewhere, when I get back I look at my phone and it's asking me what I thought of Primark or Debenhams or Sainsburys or Wetherspoons.  It's not just the tracking, it's the constant need for an opinion on everywhere you go.

Crikey what app is that? I'd like to avoid it so my phone doesn't do the same..

We've spoken about Big Brother before and the way things are going now with AI, fake news and the rich and powerful controlling the 'net I fear for future generations.

I agree Brew - I, too, fear for future generations with the rich and powerful knowing everything about us.... at least our thoughts are private for now ....

It wasn't an app that told me how many miles I'd flown. I ignore all requests when I go on a site and it asks for my location. Nosy boggers ain't gonna get it. No, we are frequent fliers with Delta, our fave airline so got a statement end of year. I actually did about 50, 000 as I forgot the B A. trip to Heathrow last summer. Me arms were tired after flapping that lot. 

When i got the statement I thought I'd done well. That is till I saw the miles the person did who did the most miles in 2018. 473,267 miles. Blimey he must have flown everyday. There is absolutely no pleasure in flying nowadays so can't imagine being in airports do many times. I would like to think though that this flyer was upgraded with a bit more legroom than we had!

Hells teeth and I thought a thousand miles a week was pushing, they did more than that in a day - every day!

My lot fly thousands of miles a year but 473k is going some!  About 15 years ago my husband received a Lifetime Gold card from American Airlines because he’d flown more than a million miles with them.  There are certainly a lot of benefits from using one particular airline and it is of course a good ploy to keep the customer from booking on another airline.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, denshaw said:

473k in one year, was he a pilot?

Probably an astronaut going to the shops !

• Like 1